*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1993356-Query-Letter
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1993356
Query Letter for Hook Us contest
Dear Judge(s):

Annabel Harper lives in a quiet little town called Haven Falls, New York. One night she gets attacked by someone in her home and barely manages to escape. When the authorities can't help her she lives in fear. But when she gets attacked again she begins to notice that her attacker isn't fully human. A riddle is also thrown her way as she is labeled "a descendant of Abel."
In Child of Abel Annabel gets thrown into a world of monsters and secret societies. She has to remain hidden from Cain's monstrous army who are known only as The Children. Only her blood can break Cain's slumber, which has kept him preserved throughout the centuries, and re-launch a war between the two species. Not only does she need to survive but also confront her past as well. With the help of her co-worker Ryan, who is a member of a secret society, she begins to understand the high stakes involved. She also begins to notice that the line between human nature and monsters isn't that different. However, she must stay alive long enough to solve the greatest riddle of all. How does Abel have a bloodline?
I have my Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing. The inspiration of the story comes from two books that I read, Beowulf and Paradise Lost, in my college years. I have been writing this story for a while now and it has evolved immensely. I finished writing the story when I entered the National Writing Month of November in 2013. Humanizing all my character in the story took top priority.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Adrian Luna


© Copyright 2014 David Luna (adrianluna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1993356-Query-Letter