*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1994754-The-GREAT-DISAPPOINTMENT-31st-JULY
Rated: E · Article · Drama · #1994754
Review on The GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT: 31st JULY which sums up events leading to 31st JULY.
The Book is an analysis on how bad politics and a rotten governance system has badly affected the people. Its also an insight into the plight of ordinary citizens when the leadership fails. 'there is a disconnect between the leaders and the people' and the leaders are blindly dragging the country into Abyss.



With no solutions insight, people are turning to religion and faith hoping for a spiritual solution only to discover more disappointments. As the 31st of July approaches, people are hopeful that by God's help, change will materialise. What follows is more disappointment as the citizens have to accept the reality that they have failed to change their governance system.



A year on, the economy is crumbling, there is growing civil unrest, the Church turning against the Government and youths from political parties turning against the people coming out in defence of government. The characters in the book Tambu, Janet, Joshua, baJoshua, Tom, Lucinda, Danny and Freedom ibmatteu.blogspot.com are undergoing a transformational phase and have to deal with the disappointments in their personal lives.
© Copyright 2014 Ittai Bryan (ibmatteu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1994754-The-GREAT-DISAPPOINTMENT-31st-JULY