*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1995022-Natasha--Naomi-The-Slumber-Party
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1995022
The 4th entry. When Naomi's old friends move into town, she has to keep Natasha away.
Naomi was spending time in the library. Reading in the library was her favorite past time. Between her job at the diner, and dealing with Natasha’s shenanigans, Naomi wanted some time to herself. She was ecstatic to see that one of her favorite manga, “Lonely Blade,” had arrived recently. She hadn’t seen the latest issues, and she didn’t have time to watch the anime…

Naomi was deeply immersed in her manga when she felt two swift pokes to her exposed sides. Naomi jumped and squealed loudly. A familiar voice said in a sing-song voice, “Guess who?”
Naomi looked behind her, and she gasped in surprise. “Oh my gosh!” Behind her was a petite young woman, a couple inches shorter than Naomi, sporting curly blonde hair, and shining blue eyes. “Ruth! It’s you!” The two girls gave a friendly hug.

“I’m here, too.” Another familiar voice, but this one raspy. It came from another young woman, a few inches taller than Naomi and a more fuller figure than Ruth (but not more than Naomi). She had straight, black hair with a huge neon-green streak running down the right side of her hair.

“Taylor! You’re here, too?” Naomi let them into their sisterly hug.

“So, still wearing out that old uniform?” Ruth teased.

Naomi looked down at herself and blushed. “Yeah… I kinda got carried away with my hobby… I looked better in high school…”

“Nonsense!” Ruth replied. “You cleaned up so nicely last time. Besides, you’ve still got a nice figure, a winning smile. Any guy would be lucky to have you!”

“Any guy that likes fat girls…” Taylor replied bluntly. Ruth slapped her shoulder. “Taylor! Don’t be rude!”

“It’s fine…” Naomi said, not fully convinced. She brightened up when she changed the subject. “Enough about me, what are you two doing here?”

“I got an internship at the travel agency I’ve always had my eyes on!” Ruth excitedly replied.

“My parents finally kicked me out, so I’m bunking with her.” Taylor replied, nonchalantly.

“We pooled our money together and we got ourselves a nice apartment at the Maplewood Apartments!” Ruth explained.

“Maplewood apartments? That’s where I live!”

“We figured that you’d be in the nearest library. That’s where you spent most of your time in high school.” Taylor replied.

“So we thought we’d stop by!”

“That’s great!” Naomi beamed. “We should hang out! I’ll meet you at your new place!”
Ruth hesitated. “Um… actually…”

“We’re still moving in.” Taylor interrupted.

“She’s… still moving in. We’re having trouble figuring out what goes where.”

“I suggested painting a line down the middle.”

“Right… Anyways, we thought that we could go over to your place, instead! We live in the same apartment building, we could visit you!”

Naomi hesitated. She would’ve normally jumped at the chance to invite her two best friends to hang out like old times. There was just one problem. One slimy, blue problem… “Um… I don’t know… I don’t really want guests at my place.”

“What? Why not?”

Naomi quickly tried to come up with an excuse. “Um… my place isn’t really ready for guests.”

“Oh, I get it.” Ruth said, disappointed. “Well, we could always just hang out some other time.”

“We’ll just be wondering why our best friend doesn’t love us anymore.” Ruth slapped Taylor harder.

Naomi sighed. “I see you’re still good at that guilt trip thing.”

Taylor shrugged. “It’s a gift.”

Naomi paused. “Well, I guess I can clean up before you get here.”

“Great! We’ll be over at 7:30! Can’t wait! We’ll have so much fun!” The three of them shared one more group hug before going their separate ways.

Naomi got home with her traditional greeting. “Naomi! You’re back early!” Natasha gave her a big slimy hug.

Naomi tried pushing her off. “Natasha, we don’t have time for this! My friends are coming over!”

“Your friends?” Natasha said excitedly. “Can I meet them?”

“No!” Naomi shouted. Natasha looked hurt by that. Naomi sighed. “Natasha, it’s not that I don’t want you to meet them. It’s just… I haven’t seen them for over a year. I don’t want you to scare them off and never see me again!”

“What? Why would I scare your friends away?”

“Oh, I don’t know. Sometimes people get scared when they’re eaten alive.”

Natasha giggled. “Well, how else am I supposed to know what they taste like?”
Naomi sighed, exasperated. “That’s exactly why you’ll be staying in the bedroom for the night.”

“Aww! Naomi!”

“Don’t worry, I’ll leave some food and water in there for you! Just, please…” Naomi begged. “Stay in the bedroom until tomorrow morning and I’ll do whatever you want!”
Natasha paused to consider. “All day?”

“Yes, all day! Whatever you want! All day!”

“Natasha paused again. “Okay, I’ll stay in the bedroom…”

Naomi sighed in relief. “Thank you, Natasha. I’ll get everything ready, just don’t mess anything up.” Natasha waited patiently while Naomi cooked as much food as she could for Natasha.

In what seemed like a few minutes, 7:30 rolled around. Naomi left a stockpile of food and even a huge 5-gallon drum of water. There was a knock on the door. Naomi gasped in surprise. “That’s them! Natasha, you have to go to the bedroom!”

“Aww… okay… Are you sure I can’t meet your friends?”

“Yes, I’m sure! Besides, I promised that if you stayed in there, I’d do whatever you want!”

Natasha grinned. “Okay, I’ll stay…” Natasha walked into the bedroom and Naomi locked the door. She took a deep breath to compose herself before opening the front door.

“Naomi!” Ruth shouted.

“Ruth!” Naomi shouted back.

“Were you really expecting someone else?” Taylor replied. Naomi simply smiled and let them in.

“I’ve got the sleeping bags!” Ruth said, holding up three differently colored sleeping bags.

“I’ve got the popcorn!” Naomi shouted, holding up a box of unpopped popcorn.

“And I’ve got the movies!” Taylor said, holding a stack of DVD’s.

Naomi got an uneasy look. “Um, Taylor? Those aren’t the super scary movies, are they? You know how I don’t do scary…”

“Relax! It’s just action movies! Figured that I wouldn’t want a repeat of what happened last time…”

Naomi turned red as she mentioned that. “Why don’t you go pop that popcorn, Naomi?” Ruth replied. “Taylor and I’ll go get changed!”

“I’ll change in the bathroom.” Taylor replied.

“And I’ll change in the bedroom!” Ruth said.

“No!” Naomi suddenly shouted. The other two girls looked oddly at her. “T-The bedroom is private! F-For my eyes only!”

The other two girls just stared at her for longer. “You go change in the bathroom, Ruth. I’ll change out here. I don’t have anything to hide!” Taylor said. Naomi sighed in relief as she went to pop the popcorn. Before long, the girls were in their pajamas, and Naomi brought out three huge bowls of popcorn.

Meanwhile, in the bedroom, Natasha had already eaten every last pizza and drank all the water. She even ate the bottle it came in! Natasha had some fun having her water-filled belly jiggle, but now she was bored.

Natasha hears some excited chattering outside, and she was instantly curious. Natasha squeezed underneath the door and snuck out to the living room. The three girls were huddled on the floor in front of the TV, munching on popcorn. They were watching a movie. The hero was searching a museum while ninjas were following him in the shadows. Natasha was hiding behind the couch. The girls didn’t notice her hiding.

Taylor scoffed. “How does he not notice the army of ninjas behind him?”

“What part of ‘silent assassins’ don’t you get?” Ruth replied.

“Besides, he’s more concerned about finding his girlfriend…” Naomi added.

“Well, if it were me, I would’ve seen them coming a mile away!”

“Sure you would…” Ruth rolled her eyes.

“I’m serious! I’ve got heightened senses! If a mouse squeezed its way in here, I’d know!” While Taylor was bragging, Natasha crept around the couch and started sucking the popcorn from Taylor’s bowl. Once she looked back down, both Natasha and the popcorn were gone. “Hey, where’s my popcorn?” Taylor said.

Ruth chuckled at the irony. “Don’t look at me!” Naomi said. “I’m all the way over here!”

“And what’s this blue stuff?” Taylor asked, as she put two fingers in it and put some in her mouth.

“Eww! Don’t stick it in your mouth!” Ruth shouted, leaning against Naomi.

“It’s actually pretty good… tastes like blue raspberry.”

Ruth looked disgusted while Naomi looked worried. “D-Don’t worry! I’ll pop some more for you!” Naomi reached over and took the bowl.

“Hurry back!” Taylor called. “All these ninja are about to get their butts kicked!”

Naomi reunited with Natasha in the kitchen. “Natasha! Get back in the bedroom!” She said in a hushed tone. Natasha tried to object, but eventually went back to the bedroom.

Naomi cleaned out the bowl and popped more popcorn for Taylor. The girls were talking through the movie, and after the movie, they would talk to catch up with each other’s lives. At about midnight, the girls finally settled into their sleeping bags and fell asleep.

Natasha was bored out of her mind, in the meantime. She would try to sleep, but the girls’ chatter was too loud. Natasha finally noticed that it was quiet outside. She crawled underneath the door again and peeked into the living room. Sure enough, there were three sleeping bags in front of the TV.

Natasha gasped as she cautiously approached. “Naomi’s asleep…” She whispered. “Now she can’t tell me not to come!” She looked over at her friends. She really wanted to know what they tasted like, but she was worried that she would wake them up. “Maybe just a taste…”

Natasha moved into Taylor’s sleeping bag and slowly engulfed her. She had more of a sour taste, but Natasha loved it anyway. Taylor was still fast asleep, even as she floated in Natasha’s belly.

Natasha moved into Ruth’s sleeping bag. She engulfed her in the same way that she did Taylor. Natasha jiggled as she tasted her. She had a sweet and creamy taste to her! Ruth was still fast asleep as well. Naomi was stirring at Natasha’s excited squealing, then a familiar slimy sensation.

Naomi woke up, and was immediately afraid. “Natasha!” She shouted in a hushed tone. “What are you doing?”

Natasha stopped. “Naomi… I-I just got so bored… and I saw your friends, and you were asleep… and…”

“I don’t care! Put them back!” Naomi shouted in the same hushed tone. Natasha paused and put them back in their sleeping bags and dejectedly went back to the bedroom. Naomi just decided to go back to sleep.

Morning came relatively easily. Ruth woke up first. “Eww! Why am I covered in this slime?” Naomi and Taylor woke up to her shouting, and trying to shake the slime off. Taylor was licking the slime off her arms. Ruth had a disgusted look on her face.

Naomi quickly changed the subject. “You guys want breakfast?”

Ruth paused. “Nah, we really shouldn’t…”

“Don’t be rude, Ruth!” Taylor interrupted. “When your best friend offers to make a delicious breakfast, you take it!” They all smiled and moved to the kitchen. Ruth and Taylor tried to get the slime off of them while Naomi cooked pancakes.

“Thanks for showing up, guys. I really appreciate it!” Naomi said.

“It’s the least we could do!” Ruth said.

“And when we finish moving in, we can do this again at our place!” Taylor replied. They all said their goodbyes and Ruth and Taylor left. Naomi sighed in relief as she ate her own breakfast. She was relieved that she was still friends with them. However, she still felt guilty…

Naomi knocked on the bedroom door. She came in with a huge plate stacked high with pancakes. “I’ve got breakfast!”

Natasha was pouting. “Wouldn’t you rather share it with your friends?”

Naomi frowned. “But, I am. You’re my friend, too! Listen, I’m sorry that I made you upset, but you’re the best thing that happened to me here!” Natasha looked her way. “I made your favorite…”

Natasha paused, as if she was considering it, then ate the entire plate in one gulp. “It’s okay, Naomi! I can’t stay mad at you!” Natasha gave Naomi a big slimy hug.

Naomi tried to return the hug. “And I can’t stay mad at you, either…”
© Copyright 2014 The Phantom (phantom1053 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1995022-Natasha--Naomi-The-Slumber-Party