*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1995231-Fading-Colors
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1995231
With the colors fading, the world needs a hero. So the American government finds 12 teens
Hayden:

The day passed normally. I got up took, Storm and Willow to school. Then I headed to my school. The day passed peacefully.



I dreaded going home though. I didn’t want to deal with the bottles or my father’s hits. I didn’t want to cook, clean, and take care of Storm and Willow.



I sighed and finished packing my bag. I couldn’t be late picking up Willow, for whatever reason her school let the kids out first.



I sighed and got into my car. I own a Porsche; my dad got it for me when I turned 16. Were technically rich but I don’t like to talk about it. It’s all blood money in my opinion; and pulled out of the school parking lot. I reached her school just as the kids were coming out. The all streamed out of the building pushing and shoving. I saw Willow’s bright red hair, coming towards the car and got out.



“Hey Willow,” She smiled at me and held out her arms. I lifted her up and set her into the car, grabbing her bag, I put it into the trunk.



We made it to Storm’s school in time. He ran over to me. Unlike his sister, his hair was a dark brown. He hands me his bag and climbs in next to his sister. I put his bag into the back and climbed into the driver’s seat.



“Hey, you two, how much homework do you have? Anything fun happen at school?” I ask looking into the rearview mirror at them.



“I have some homework and not really.” Storm responded.

“Lily and Katie got into a fight!” Willow said excitingly.

“Really? What about?” I ask.

“Lily stole Katie’s new doll and so Katie ran up to her and they started to argue,” She said rapidly… I almost didn’t follow all of it.

“Did Lily give Katie back her doll?” I ask.

“Umm… I think so.” Willow trailed off as our house came into view.

I sighed, “You two head up to your room’s and start your homework, and I’ll get the mail and then start your after school snack.

They both ran up to their rooms and I grabbed the mail and started the slow walk inside, “Bill, bill, advertisement, dentist, bill, bill, letter, bill, bill, wait letter.” I stepped over the beer bottles and shut the door to the living room, where my father was passed out. I flipped back and studied the front. It was from the U.S. and addressed to me.

“Hmm…” I set the rest on the counter and opened it, unfolding it carefully I flattened then studied it.



Dear Hayden Keegan Eden,

We have decided the world is in such a bad state, we need somebody to save it. We have chosen you along with 11 other people. You have a very minimal choice in the matter.

2 Water use: Monifa Tatva

2 Fire users: Akari Suzuki, Adish Brenton

2 Earth: Clover Rosewood, Alican Ayik, Chase Williams

2 wind users, Aira Argento, Aaron White

2 Shadow users: Larvalis Knight, Lilith Aimen

And one of our advisors, Agent Dy. He is a water user and still only 18 years old.

You have a week before we expect you here. Inside the envelope is a plane ticket to ********.

Please call (333) 333 – 3333 to inform us that you got the letter and understand that if you do not call and do this, you will have a visit from one of our advisors.



Huh guess I’ll need to call Aunt Sarah and Uncle Tim….
© Copyright 2014 Wolfgirl (wolfgirl336699 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1995231-Fading-Colors