*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996466-Dream-Story-Act-I
by Bunny
Rated: E · Draft · Sci-fi · #1996466
First three chapters in a story I hope to turn into a book when done.
Chapter 1


You never really know what you have until it's gone. With life, comes experiences which we learn from. Okay maybe not all things we go through give a lesson or two. Even the craziest thing ever could end with nothing of life value. Not saying I didn't learn something from what has happened to me, just..well not quite sure were I was going with this again. Anyways, what I'm about to tell you falls into that crazy category. No matter the disbelief, please no laughing at least until after I am done. Right...where to start. Hmmm...oh! Got it, I know exactly how to begin.
It was a Friday after school, going to say this now but in this retelling I am skipping the boring stuff. Don't worry, not missing a thing. School has just ended and I was walking home with a close friend of mine, Amy. "Finally! Thhheeee weekend!" Amy had excitement over pouring out of her. She always got excited for the two days away from school. "So, what are this weekend plans?" Her question was directed at me. We tend to spend at least one day out of each weekend with each other, had since we first really became friends about a year ago.
"Mall?" I asked with a slight shrug. Planing my free time wasn't my thing. So easily was it lost to worlds of video games. "Should've expected as much," she said with a light sigh, "same thing you always suggest. Don't you ever get tired of it?" Really I didn't. "No." A simple reply.
"Welp, it's all fine, as long as you pay of course." Amy said with a left eyed wink. I always paid, always. Her saying that wasn't her taking advantage of me however. You see, my parents left me when I was seven. Both died in a car crash. With no family members to be found, was left all alone...alone with an extremely large inheritance. More money then I could possibly dream about was in my hands. Not literally as getting it in small portions at the start of each month. Nine years later and still not even scratched the surface of it all. Every time I've been out with Amy I always paid. Most assume riches change a person, not me though. Infancy I think it just made me more generous.
"Like I have to confirm it." Amy giggled at what I said.
"You know, someone could end up using you for your money."
"Really? Then you'd be jealous of that second person." My joke own made her giggle more. Amy was the only person to know of my inheritance. I trusted her, which is why she and only she knew. I didn't have a fancy home, or clothes, nothing to hint at me being well off.
"Yes, I and only I can manipulate you." She continued the joking. We both shared a laugh. "Another night of movies?" Amy was referring to what I did Friday nights, a sci-fi movie. I nodded my head. "A good alien movie tonight."
"When ISN'T it an alien movie?"
"When you are around. Other wise-"
Amy cut me off. "I do not get nightmares!" She shouted with frustration. A lie and we both knew it. Amy had trouble watching even weak horror films. By weak I mean movies that don't even show blood. Never seen one? There are a handful that were made with no bloody scenes, why I'm not really sure. Discovered her nightmare issue after we came home, my place, after a late night scary movie at the nearby theater. I insisted she stay the night as it was late. The following morning she came forward with a dream. Dream was about done movie titled The Bloody Floor. I thought it was funny, with a title like that but she kept talking about how the movie itself wasn't.
"Sssuuurrreeee you don't." Amy gave me a light punch in my shoulder. "You just earned yourself a ticket, a don't-get-to-hear-from-me-til-tomorrow ticket."
"Will just add that to the pile."
Amy gave a hug. We had reached our parting spot, an intersection. I hugged her back. "See ya!"
"Sleep well." I said to her. She replied with you too then dashed off home.
My house was still some ways down the road from where we parted. Everyday, to and from places, I pass by a small family owned video store. The selection of videos wasn't all that great, just a handful in a select genres. They did, however, have interesting sci-fic choices. I tend to at least pick up one movie a week. This week, had already gotten one ready for tonight. Lost Space, was the title. A story about some group of space people that get trapped aboard an alien ship. Over used I know but really one can only do do much with a genre that has tons of plots. Once home, the sun had already halfway down and I proceeded to make snacks for the movie.
An hour and a half was its run time. Not bad for the time it came out. Sure, wouldn't compete against what producers can make now but at least the costumes weren't terribly noticeable rubber suites. Plot wasn't so bad either. Ending, however, was crap. All died, the end. Really? How many times people seen that before. I sighed with some disappointed then got ready for bed. Probably should head to bed early, so in not all tired for our meet up tomorrow. That's what I thought to myself through the tasks of cleaning up.
Almost immediately I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. The warm comforting sheets wrapping around me like...like...blah, too tired to think of something. I allowed my mind to drift away. Soon, was fast asleep. Hours passed, how many I wasn't sure. Slowly my eyes opened. I could see light sneaking in through my window. Has to be at least close to after sun rise. My body refused to move much. I was still craving sleep. I was able to move my head around though. I normal like to sleep up against the wall near the top right corner of my bed. So left was the direction my head moved to. It might've been because I was half awake that kept me from being worried.
There sat a girl. A girl I've never seen before. My vision may of still be a bit bury but I could still make out the gender. Along with that, her black hair was also noticeable. Before I could attempt to awaken rest of myself, suddenly eyes felt heavier. All the will I has ti keep them open vanished. Could no longer keep them open. Sleep fell upon me again.

Chapter 2

The cool air conditioned temperature inside the mall was a nice change from the warm spring outside its walls. "Really? How many times have you dreamt of girls since puberty." Amy was teasing me about last night. I had debated about sharing it on our way here. Waited for a lunch break to discuss it.
"Not many to be honest." Barely had any of woman, normal or hormone type. It was then I realized, after all these years I never had any dream with Amy in it. Though like I would tell her even if I did have one or two...or three.
"How many girls at school are black haired? Tons that's what. No surprise if your head placed some girl from school you don't know next to you in bed."
"It wasn't like that!" I exclaimed with slight annoyance at her insistency. My out bust just made her giggle.
"You do have a point..." Looked up at Amy's hair. It was red. Amy, red headed Amy. She was one in a few with the color at school. "Suppose my brain was just doing that." My gaze moved back down at the chicken samwhich. It had a one large bite mark, the ever growing one that you start at one end and move your way towards the other. Amy, for lunch, ordered a spicier version.
"I don't get how you can withstand that." Referring to her food. "Because I like spicy foods, unlike you." Her comment ended with a chomp into the spiciness. She gulped after some chewing time, "Almost ready to get back to shopping?" The bags from the three hours of shopping before hand sat next to her chair. Four bags, two from clothing stores and the other two from a movie store. One bag was mine and was fine with carrying it plus hers however, Amy wanted to be the mule since I was paying for it all. I spend, she mules. Sounded fair to me. I gave a nod and abandoned what was left of my lunch. Wasn't all that hungry to begin with.
"Where to next?" Amy asked as we stepped away from the table to a trash can. "How about-" I stopped talking. I could've sworn, over by the entrance to the food court, at a table, was that girl from my dreams. "Hello? What's the matter?" She called to me. A group of people passed by in the line of sight. She was gone when it returned. Had I imagined it? "Nothing," I lied, "right, how about some jewelry-" Her eyes light up at the suggestion. Oh just what have I done. With out a word, Amy grabbed me by the hand and rushed us to a store.
"The Shiny Stone!" She said with a made echo on stone. The most expensive place here. Though not like it would make a dent in my funds. I watched as she made her way from display to display, her face with a wide blissful smile. No clue why I had never brought Amy here before. "Oh this is perfect! Come over here!" She motioned me over to the display case she stood at. Her finger was pointing towards a set of two matching bracelets. Both covered in various tiny gems of green, red, and black. The band wasn't chain but a cloth looking...thing. Terrible way to describe it but knew no better way. It too was black. Price tag read fifty seven dollars. That...was actually not bad of a price for the two. "Pllleeeaassseee can we get them?" She sounded like some small child. Wait, "We?" I asked back. Amy nodded with a smile. "Yes, we. I want the two for us. One each." I was a little shocked by the idea. Both if us having some form of a match jewelry. Can't say I didn't like the thought. "What the heck, sure." I gave her a smile. "YYYYAAAAYYY!" Acting even more child like with the outcry of joy. With a swipe of my card, bought the two. The clerk thanked us for our purchase as we took our leave.
"Ok, stop." Amy said outside the shop. She pulled the bracelets out and said to me, "Put out your left arm." I did as asked. With a quick movement of her hand, she placed it on me. "Now put mine on me." She stuck out her left arm. I had never had jewelry before. The clasp lock was new to me. Could hear her giggling at the sight of me fumbling with the clasp. It took me so much longer to put hers on then when she put mine on. "There!" Finally it was on after minutes of trying. Amy smiled and jingled the bracelet with arm out stretched. "I love it!" I could feel the warmth of her happiness shining through her smile.
"Glad you do." I really was. Not a rare sight to she her so bubbly but didn't mean each time wasn't special. I looked down at my newest addition to my left arm. It was just slightly below my wrist watch. Time was; about three in the afternoon. "Time certainly flies. We should get going, you do have a party to attend to right?" She let out a silent gasp as she moved her hand over her mouth. "Y-yeah!" Amy must've forgotten. "L-let's get going!" She sprinted for the exit. "Hey! Wait up!" I called after her, giving chase.
We parted at the usual spot. By then it was close to being four. I passed by the video shop since I had one ready to watch at home. The bracelet kept catching my eye. The light bouncing off the gems, shining brightly. Felt like the setting sun was giving them a more powerful shine then the last rays of the afternoon. It wasn't until now I noticed the fast beating of my heart. A feeling in my stomach, like something was fluttering about. Had this been there since the bracelet exchange? Why was I feeling this? My mind raced to that moment in time. Amy's face, her amazing smile, that...the feeling in my stomach curled. Wait, was I..no, no. I couldn't be feeling this way for her...could I? I gave a shook of my head to tear me away from such ideas. I was almost home. Almost home, almost movie time, almost Am-
No! Stop it! I flung myself onto my couch. The movie, yes, it will get my thoughts away from this all.


Chapter 3

Black. Everything was black. Had I woken up in the middle of the night? Wasn't any light from outside though. Pitch darkness all around me. Took me time to realize I couldn't move. Didn't feel anything holding me down yet, my limbs stated still. Heart began pounding in my chest. Where was I?
I broke out into a cold sweat after seeing it, a face inches from my own. Not sure how I was able to see this face through the dark but seemed like I was viewing it as clear as day. An oval shaped head, large dim glassy green eyes, nose holes tinier then a mouse hole. This thing had sharp looking teeth poking out from the upper corners of what I believe to be a mouth. If it wasn't for those teeth, wouldn't be able to locate the mouth as it had no lips.
My breathing gradually became heavier the longer I gazed at that face. Had to break away from looking. My head had no trouble turning from right or left at all, however, the sear terror I felt added a tougher time. From the face, I saw the body. Extremely inhuman with a thin long body, the four limbs longly stretching outward to both sides. Thought maybe whatever way I was able to view the face was effecting the skin tone but was mistaken. Its skin was light grey. I knew it, an alien! Had to be nothing but. All those movies I've watched are finally coming true.
With all my mustered strength, I whispered, "H-help...me..." Honestly had no idea why I said that. Was full of fear but didn't think this thing wanted to kill me. Why wait for me to wake up then do me in after all. A gravely voice came from the dark, "Good work." What? Who said that and why. The alien pulled me off the floor. My legs could now move. It draped my right arm over its body. No feeling in my legs, it aided me in moving forward. The darkness faded slowly with each step. The room was filled with a fluorescent lighting. Now I was able to take in my surroundings.
The room looked like one of those back rooms in a vets office. The walls had cages built into them. Some cages held animals. Cats, dogs, birds, snakes, foxes were just a small few of the various amounts of captured Earth critters. While scanning the room I discovered more then just the animals, a girl. Golden blonde hair caught my eye. Where was that...thing from just a few minutes ago?
"Hello." She spoke in a kind voice. "H-hello?" I replied with some fright on my own tone. "Where am I?"
"Aboard." Was all she said.
"Aboard what?"
The girl moved over to a cage full of rats. "Aboard our ship." Aliens! Totally knew it! "So you are-" She turned away from the cage and looked over at an area. My body spun around on its own. What she was looking at was a pair of bright yellow cuffs. Chains of same color dangled above them. Also noticed the railing not too far up past them. Was that my way to the second floor? Before I had time to even ask, once more my body moved on its own. Like I was being attracted to these cuffs. I didn't resist oddly enough. I began to snap the cuffs onto my wrists. My watch and bracelet were missing but didn't seem to matter to me.
"You've had your DNA altered." The girl spoke again.
"Altered?"
"Yes, infused with a gnat."
I blinked, stopped movement of attaching the last cuff. "A...gnat? You mean like the bug?"
She nodded.
"So what kind of powers do I get?" I seemed to be missing the key questions to this all.
"Powers? What do you mean? That wasn't the purpose of it. It is for your role of slave to my sister."
Slave?! That word gave me recontrol of my body. I removed the cuff and dashed over to her. "Take me home! Now!" I commanded with rage. I needed..wanted to go home. I refused to be a slave. The girl looked me straight in the eyes, green dim eyes. "You are, but only if you go with my sister back to Earth as her slave. She will explain things more once you two are back on you planet."
Might've really been my only way home. I had no idea where I was on this ship, let alone how to get home. No choice but to do it. I said nothing and went back to cuffing myself. "You better not hurt my sister." She sounded almost threatening. The last cuff gave an audio snap as it fit around my right wrist. Wasn't until now I say what I believe to be that spot I was laying at. The cage above it held rabbits.
The cuffs carried me upwards with no tugging or pain. Felt like an elevator instead of an awkward means of travel. With my foot, I pulled myself onto the ledge then uncuffed my wrist. Another girl stood waiting for me. This one had black hair. "Hi." I waved a little still unsure about all this. She said nothing and turned to the door be hide her. My vision suddenly was hot by a bright light, then burred. The room broke out in a terribly fast spin. I could feel my body lightened and fall over against a wall up on the second floor. A ringing erupted in my ears. Painful loud, annoying, unbalancing it was. Mouth dried up for the same unknown reason as all of this. I felt a sharp pain in my skull. The darkness returned.
© Copyright 2014 Bunny (neonbunny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996466-Dream-Story-Act-I