*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996762-Leos-New-Home
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1996762
Why did Angela blush?
“Mr. McPhearson, he is a magnificent specimen!” Angela Crawford declared from the walkway above the lion enclosure of the Atlanta Zoo.

As Leo the Lion was encouraged to leave the confinement of the transport cage, he let loose a loud roar declaring this new expansive enclosure his domain.

Mr. McPhearson joined Angela on the walkway. “Leo was well worth the risk of transporting him across the country.  He has sired cubs at many zoos around the country.” He stated in his dogmatic style. “Roger over there,” Mr. McPhearson pointing to a tall, tanned, and well-muscled handler wearing wide-brimmed canvas hat, “has been Leo’s faithful travelling companion through the many conjugal visits the lion has made.”

Angela looked at the lion’s handler with a critical eye. His generous mouth turned up at the corners as Leo plodded slowly from the cage. Roger’s blond hair, streaked gold by days in the sun, peeked out from under the brim of the hat.
Once Leo was secured in his new compound, Roger turned to the walkway feeling a certain pair of eyes watching him.  He removed his hat and took a deep bow never taking his eyes off Angela.

Angela quickly turned away walking back to her office. She felt her skin flush ruby-red as if Roger could have read her lustful thoughts.


(218 words)
© Copyright 2014 GaelicQueen (gaelicqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996762-Leos-New-Home