*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996798-Him
by Amreen
Rated: E · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1996798
This is the first chapter of a story about this girl named Sayama.
Chapter One



'Amber, stop watching Gossip Girl! I have been trying to talk to you for the past eighteen minutes. Give it a break. Will you?' bellows Sayama into Amber's ears. Amber flinches in annoyance. Still staring at the laptop screen, she asks 'What is it that you want to talk about?' Acknowledging the lack of interest in Amber's voice, Sayama storms out of the room. As soon as Sayama goes out of sight, Amber resumes admiring her favorite 'Gossip Girl' character, Chuck Bass.

Sayama loves her best friend, but at times Amber ticks her off. Her mind drenched in thoughts, Sayama does not notice her mother Celina bringing a giant jar of mango smoothie for her. Her face immediately lights up as she sees her mother approaching with the jar. Food is a one-way ticket into Sayama's heart. The girl loves food above all. Celina hands the jar to her daughter, kisses her on the forehead and then leaves the living room as she has many errands to run. Sayama loves gulping the smoothie from the jar itself, rather than pouring it into a smaller container. Sayama puts the empty jar on the coffee table and gets back to her thoughts; this time however, with a 'smoothie moustache' above her lips. It is her first day of MBA class tomorrow. Moving to New York has been somewhat scary for her. She is extremely social and has a lively spirit, but she is very nervous about her first day. She decides to ignore her parents and best friend and decides to go to bed instead. She slips into her comfortable pajamas and tries to fall asleep.



Sayama wakes up as soon as the alarm clock starts ringing. This is probably the first time she hasn't snoozed the alarm clock to get back to sleep. She looks at herself in the mirror. Her eyes are big and now puffy after waking up. Sayama is beautiful. Her dark black hair complements her pink lips in a gorgeous manner. She is Bengali but her complexion is much lighter than the average brown girl. She is tall and quite strong for a girl of her age.

Sayama is nervous because she has never studied abroad. She finished her graduation in Bangladesh and has now moved to New York with her entire family. She quickly gets ready for her first day of university in the Big Apple. She wears a knee length skirt and a decent mint colored top. She ties her hair into a neat bun with a few strands of hair out in the front. Though she loves to eat, she is repulsed by the lemon tart and orange juice set on the table for her. She grabs her coat and dashes out of the door without even meeting Celina because she knows how paranoid her mother gets when she tries to skip breakfast.

Sayama reaches her destination on time. She reads the board that has the university's name written in bold: "Maester Fredrick University". She inhales deeply and steps beyond the gate. She follows the directions into the Business department. She goes to her assigned hall room and takes a random seat.

Biting her finger nail, she looks forward as the professor enters the room. Her pupils dilate in shock. The room vanishes and everything seems surreal. Is it him? She thinks to herself. The fluttering in her stomach makes her nauseous. 'Abraham', she says to herself.



© Copyright 2014 Amreen (amreen.35 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996798-Him