*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997144-Slenderman--the-Black-Eyed-Children-pt2
Rated: 13+ · Other · Ghost · #1997144
The second part of the Slenderman story
In the distance he saw a shadow moving by the toilets, he flicked his eyes to see nothing but the wind pulling the trees from one side the other. He walked past the playground, his eyes transfixed on the dark empty shadows underneath the tall trees that lined the way to the toilet block. He considered the shadows under the trees and through the haze of his drunken eyes wondered if they were there. Of course they were there the tress had to make a shadow from the light of the moon. He wondered where the moon was as he stumbled through the mini skate park. No moon, no shadows, just blackness. The foliage of the trees like deep dark green patches on the blackness of the night.
As he stumbled further he looked over to the dim light of the toilet block and saw the shadow once again creeping round the back. He blinked and tried to focus his eyes as another shadow seemed to join the first. The shadows seemed to skip and play as they moved along the grey stone rendered wall. He rubbed his eyes unsure what was a trick of the light and what was the beers he had consumed earlier. As he stumbled on his stomach seemed to empty itself. Replaced by a void of darkness seeping in from the trees and shadows around him. He had felt this emptiness before, in fact he felt it every time he sobered up. A dark negative vacuum like a black hole turning him inside out and tearing him apart at the same time. Out of the matter came a fire, erupting like a volcano up through his throat and emerging as a silent retching scream that closed his eyes and sent him hurtling within himself. Furious that the void has broken his long standing agreement about drinking.
His eyes opened and he saw two children standing in front of him looking straight down at the ground with their hair covering the tops of their faces. He stopped with a start and stepped back to regain his balance. The void in his stomach feels like it is feeding and growing while consuming his body.
“Hello.” he hears his own voice almost unrecognisable amongst the confusion and darkness.
The children say nothing for a moment. Then as they speak they wake the darkness within him and shake fear through his bones.
“We need your help, we’ve lost out mum.”

Jimmy looks to see which one is talking but both seem to speak the smaller girl a split second behind the boy. The eerie sound like an echo through the void that now consumes him.

“Will you help us find our mum?

The both look up the girl slightly before the boy and the void stirs and surrounds him. He stands staring at them, nothing but nothingness and fear, nothing but fear amongst the shadows of the pitch black night. He focuses and flicks his eyes between theirs trying to comprehend what he sees. No iris, no whites just pitch black rough almonds where the windows to their life should be.

“We have been sent to collect you.”
© Copyright 2014 Jimmy Tinsley (jimmy4tinsley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997144-Slenderman--the-Black-Eyed-Children-pt2