*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997209-Celestion-Force-Chapter-Two-Gemini
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1997209
Smythe is coaxed into viewing the second booth while still having obtained no answers
I stand in front of the second booth, arms crossed and foot tapping. The butler directs me to look through the window.

I don't.

“Look, these history lessons are cool and all, but why am I here? What is the point of showing me any of this?” I ask. The butler raises an eyebrow.

“Mister Smythe, you are a man of high intellect. You're a guild hacker, and one of the best. If not the best. As such, I'm sure you've heard the saying, curiosity killed the cat? Well, I'm here to tell you that satisfaction brought it back. Besides, if you don't stick around until the end, you'll never get to hear the offer.” He says

Offer? The invitation didn't mention anything about an offer.

I wasn't completely hooked yet, but the man was right. I am the curious type. With an exasperated sigh, I drop my arms, approach the booth, and look inside.

It was dimmed, like the booth before. Only this time, I saw nothing. It was empty. Completely empty.

I look at the butler, brows furrowed, nostrils flared. Did he think this was some kind of joke?

The butler taps his ruby-headed cane against the window.

No video clicks on.

Instead, two little lights flicker into existence at the bottom of the booth. The lights slowly start to spiral around each other, and move up into the air.

Then I saw them.

They were like two miniature women with beautifully patterned wings. A magical light radiated out from each of them; one yellow, one green. They ascend to the top of the booth, spiraling each other the whole way. At the top, they branch away from each other, and dive to the ground, staying in perfect symmetry.

Colored dust falls from the creatures as they twirl and dance around, collecting in a beautifully glowing pattern on the ground. Sadly, the dust eventually dimmed, and the creatures landed on the ground.

They went dark, and I could no longer see them.

Lively little creatures, aren't they? They're Pixies. My master's own take on the Gemini. Since the only representation of this particular Zodiac were twins, he had to collect two. Harder than you'd think, especially while considering that most don't even believe they exist. But they do. They are creatures of magic and air. Beautiful, as well, like tiny seductresses. If someone had a power similar to those of the pixie, well, they could probably fly, cast light, charm more than just men, and heal their allies.” He says. I nod in agreement.

“I've heard of pixies. Lots of hackers and virtual gamers have. Though how any ended up here is a mystery to me. I thought only the Celestial Force had access to things like this.” I say.

The butler smiles.

“Now you're getting closer to the truth.”
© Copyright 2014 J.R.Church (aotbf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997209-Celestion-Force-Chapter-Two-Gemini