*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997218-Persona
Rated: GC · Other · Contest Entry · #1997218
An author of steamy romance falls for the person who is supposed to be his public persona.
Persona


Rain pattered steadily against the floor length windows, crescendos of thunder, and brilliant bolts of lightning rent the air. Sidney Larken and Hannah Kingsley sat on the leather couch in the sitting area of their two bedroom suite, watching the storm rage outside, which paled in comparison to the emotional turmoil raging within them. Occasionally one of them would steal glances at the other. Neither of them aware of the other recalling the events of the past year.

They met at a coffee shop for an interview a year ago. Sidney was looking for a face to put on the back of his steamy romance novels, and to make public appearances. His agent encouraged him to put a face to his writing to increase sales. He didn’t think revealing Sidney Larken to be a man would help increase sales. In fact, he figured it would do the exact opposite.

He asked his wife to act as his female persona, but she refused; stating that she would take no part in his, as she put it “smut peddling.” Yet, another failed attempt to salvage a failing ten year marriage.

Since his wife refused to work with him he needed a female persona and Hannah Kingsley fit the bill. She was tall, curvy, with an ample bosom, dark eyes, and straight, waist length black hair. He had felt a stirring for her immediately. She was the image of every female heroine in his novels. She seemed surprised when he sat across from her.

“Do you mind if I join you?” He asked in a low voice laced with seductive timber.

“I’m supposed to be meeting someone for an interview,” she answered apologetically.

“May I keep you company while you wait?” He pressed hopefully.

“Sure,” she smiled pleasantly at him.

Sidney recognized her from the photo she had sent with her resume, in response to an ad on Craigslist.com. She wore the same silk blouse, and pencil skirt for the interview that she had been wearing in the photo. He was not a czar of fashion by any means, but in his line of work it helped to pay attention to what women wore.

“What is the position?” He inquired.

“I’m not quite sure what to call it,” she admitted. “I’m supposed to be a model for the back of some book jackets, and I’m expected to be available for public appearances.”

“I see,” He smiled charmingly. “Who is the author?”

“Sidney Larken,” she answered fondly. “I love her books. I’ve read them all.”

“Really?” He inquired. It thrilled him a bit to be referred to as her, and even more to hear Hannah's enthusiasm about his books. “Which one is your favorite?”

“Sex on the Beach,” she answered.

Sidney smiled remembering the plot of that novel. A man fresh off a divorce looking for a quick fling, he met a perfect stranger, and spent his vacation screwing her on the private beach behind the villa he stayed in. Once their vacation came to an end the couple decided to purchase the villa, and spend their lives together.

“I enjoyed that one too.”

“You read steamy romance novels?” She inquired; wondering disappointedly if the man across from her was gay.

“I have to read it as I write it,” he smiled at her when her eyes widened. “I’m Sidney Larken.”

He extended his hand to her, and she took it tentatively. His hand enveloped hers. He brought it to his lips nearly pulling her over the table. When he released her hand she sat back in her chair eyeing him suspiciously. Not gay, she assured herself, but very charming.

“You’re Sidney Larken?” She inquired, “but you’re a… and I thought Sidney was a…”

“I’m a man,” Sidney assured her. “I write under the guise of a woman, because I highly doubt most people would read a romance novel written by a man.”

“Mr. Larken, I’m honored to meet you!” She exclaimed, keeping her voice low so as not to attract attention. A few of the women in the coffee shop were peeking out from behind his most recent work to sip at their coffee. “I’m Hannah Kingsley.”

“Hmm, I like your name,” he crooned. “Perhaps, I’ll use it in my next book.”

“Oh!” Hannah, a bit taken aback, recalled the type of women he wrote about; sexy, seductive, and confident. “I’d be honored.”

“I like you Hannah,” he said. “I want to offer you the job here and now if you’re willing?”

“Oh yes sir!” She nodded eagerly.

Sidney explained the particulars of the job to her as they sipped their coffee. After she took a few moments to look over the contract he handed her she signed it, and he instructed her to meet him at a certain photo studio at nine o’clock the next morning. He offered her a business card with the name and address of the studio.

“Don’t be late,” he advised. “and please wear something alluring.”

The next morning Hannah followed his instructions; arriving at nine o’clock sharp wearing a velvet black halter top dress split up the sides to her hips. On her feet she wore black stiletto heeled shoes. Her hair pulled up into an elaborate twist, exposing her neck and shoulders.

Sidney found himself desperately wanting to run his tongue over her smooth olive toned skin. He wanted to run his hands over the velvet clad curves of her slender body. He made an effort to curb those desires, but indulged in meeting with her throughout the next few months.

He made an effort to keep their meetings in public venues, but the more he got to know her the more he wanted her. He tried to keep the topics of conversation on his books, and his preferred responses to fans questions when Hannah did book signings. As their meetings became more frequent, their conversations would turn to more intimate topics. A week before they left for the book tour for his latest title, Hannah K, the subject of where he did his best writing came up. He had decided to show her his in-home office; better known as his sanctuary.

It was a small room on the far side of the big house that he shared with his wife, and it had its own entrance from the outside. He was not trying to hide Hannah from his wife. He even told Colleen about Hannah being the woman he would present as the author of his novels. Colleen merely nodded in disinterest, and refused to meet the woman, or even to see the picture she sent with her resume.

Hannah and Sidney sat in his sanctuary almost all night discussing Hannah K, and how the readers were responding to the image of Hannah on the back of the book jacket. The glossy cover showed her sitting on a couch with her legs curled up to her right. She leaned one arm on the armrest, and rested the other across her waist so that her hands lightly touched. The smile on her face said "Hi, I’m Sidney Larken, it’s nice to meet you”. Sidney was very pleased with the photo, and the readers’ response to it. After they had finished fawning over her book jacket photo, they had moved on to discussing the itinerary for their trip. It would be a six month tour promoting the book in various well known book stores throughout the United States. Hannah would be expected to attend book signings, VIP events, and other book premiers of authors within the romance/erotica genre; and she was to maintain the persona of Sidney Larken. He would be at her side as her editor, publicist, and agent. This way he would be able to assist her if a fan hit her with a question they might not have considered..


A brilliant flash of lightning lit up the sky, and a jarring clap of thunder brought them out of their reminiscence, and back to each other sitting on the sofa. They had successfully made it through Hannah's first public appearance as Sidney Larken. She had performed wonderfully, only having to defer to Sidney when the fans would ask personal questions; such as her marital status, or if she was currently involved with someone.

Now that they were alone, he found himself sliding closer to her until his knee touched hers. She looked smart in a navy blue skirt, and a pale blue sleeveless blouse. She discarded the jacket, and shoes in the room she stayed in. He wore a pair of khaki pants, and a button down short sleeved, dark blue shirt. He discarded his loafers and belt in the room he stayed in.

“You did very well today Hannah,” he admired.

“Thank you, Mr. Larken,” she smiled nervously but did not pull away from him. “It was a lot of fun pretending to be you.”

“You weren't pretending to be me,” he corrected her. “You were pretending to be a female author who writes steamy romance novels.”

“I've thought about writing my own,” Hannah admitted. “I have one that’s written, but I’ve been too scared to submit it.”

“I’d be willing to take a look at it for you,” Sidney offered. “I’ll even publish it for you if you’d like.”

“Oh! Mr. Larken!” She leaned in excitedly. “I’d really appreciate that!”

“Please, Hannah,” he took her face in his hands, “Call me Sidney.”

“Okay,” her response came out in a soft whisper. She sighed softly as his thumbs caressed her cheek bones. Her full lips parted on a gasp when his thumb slid across the edge of her lower lip. “Sidney?”

He gave in when he heard his name on her lips. Leaning in he pressed his parted lips to hers. She gasped when his tongue slipped past her lips, and touched hers. She moaned softly as he tangled his fingers in her hair, pulled her head back, and explored a bit deeper. He knew it was wrong. He was married, but he and his wife were estranged.

They married because it was expected of them, and grown close enough to conceive a child, but Colleen miscarried during the second month. After that she became distant, and cold. They tried marriage counseling, but she refused to participate. He suggested a divorce, but her religious values would not allow it. So, instead they lived in a marriage of pretense, and forced politeness. Sidney managed to keep his passion under control through his writing. His wife had no interest in supporting what she considered the equivalent of adultery. So, now here he was committing actual adultery, and he just could not find the courage to stop himself. He spent the last ten years writing about the type of passion he wished his marriage contained, and now he had found it with the woman who was his alter ego. He decided that if he was going to hell he may as well enjoy the ride.

He continued kissing Hannah, and was about to explore her with his hands when she pulled her mouth from his, and murmured a soft protest.

“Sidney,” she whispered as he leaned in for another kiss. “You’re married.”

“I am married by law,” he argued. “My heart and soul have been divorced from my marriage for the past ten years.”

“But…” Hannah attempted another feeble protest as he skimmed his lips over her neck to her ear.

“Please Hannah,” he cajoled. “Let me have tonight to celebrate with you. Tomorrow we can go back to the way things were; if that is truly your wish.”

She agreed reluctantly as his tongue traced the shell of her ear. As he kissed her he pulled the pins from her hair letting it spill out of the up due she put it in that morning. He ran the ebony silk through the fingers of both hands as he found her mouth once more. He was leaning her back onto the length of the couch when a knock at the door made them both jump. Hannah moved to answer it, but froze when he rested a hand on her nylon covered thigh.

“I’ll get it,” he whispered.

When Sidney opened the door, a waiter entered pushing a table covered in a white linen tablecloth. The table held two place settings with covered plates. In the center of the table sat two white tapered candles. A bottle of champagne sat in a bucket of ice to the left of the candles. The waiter filled a quarter of each flute with champagne, and lit the candles before he left.

Hannah used the time Sidney had spent with the waiter to attempt to reorganize her thoughts. She knew he was married, but according to him he and his wife merely tolerated each other. Still, Hannah was not sure she wanted to be the other woman. She was not a virgin, but she had not had a man touch her in the way Sidney did. He was very similar to the male characters in his stories. She fantasized about each of them in turn as she plowed through each of his novels. She even fantasized about more than one at a time. As she read the manuscript for his latest novel she could not help but notice how much the main characters resembled the two of them; not just in looks but in personalities and mannerisms. When she read the sex scenes she imagined him seducing her the way the male in the book seduced Hannah K. She reread Sex on the Beach, and fantasized about Sidney and her engaged in sex; not only on the beach, but in every room of that villa. She stared at her fantasy as he held out a glass of champagne to her, and invited her to have dinner with him. What the hell, Hannah thought as she rose from the couch. You only live once.

Her French tipped nails clinked on the flute as she took it from him in her slender fingers. He held up his glass in a toast to their mutual successes. The glasses made the musical clink that only crystal could when they tapped them together. They both emptied the glasses. Sidney took Hannah’s glass, and refilled both to the brim with the bubbly liquid. He set the glasses down by their place settings, and pulled a chair out motioning for Hannah to sit.

Hannah sat, and he laid the linen napkin in her lap; taking the opportunity to press a lingering kiss to her cheek. Once he was seated they both lifted the metal domes that covered the plates in front of them. Each plate contained an eight ounce filet, a baked potato, and a serving of freshly steamed vegetables. Hannah’s stomach growled, and her mouth watered. She had not eaten since the small lunch they had attended with some VIP fans.

“Dig in,” Sidney invited. He picked up his knife, and fork, and cut into the succulent piece of meat on his plate. It was medium rare, and juicy. He moaned appreciatively as he chewed the first bite.

Hannah cut into her steak, and experienced an almost erotic pleasure as the warm juices of the meat bathed her tongue. Each sip of champagne increased that pleasure as the bubbles tickled their way down her throat. When their glasses were almost empty again Sidney topped them off. They had emptied the bottle by the time they had finished their meal.

Hannah was a bit wobbly when she stood, but she managed to make it back to the couch before she plopped down giggling. Sidney joined her, and pulled her into his lap. As he pulled her into his lap her skirt was hiked up enough to reveal the straps of her garter belt. He slid his hands over her thighs, and under her skirt; cupping her bare ass cheeks. Which were exposed by a lacy thong. His wife had never worn anything so naughty. He began kissing her neck, and upper chest.

“God help me Hannah,” he swore between kisses. “I want you so much. Please, let me have you just this one night. After that you can tell me to go to hell if you wish.”

“Sidney!” She gasped as his kisses became warm wet licks of desire. His hands cupped her breasts, and massaged her nipples through her shirt and bra. “Alright,” she moaned in surrender.

He stood lifting her up with him, and carried her into the bedroom he used. He threw her onto the bed, and climbed on top of her before she had a chance to change her mind. The sound of her blouse tearing, and buttons scattering everywhere, made her cry out excitedly. Next, was the sensible skirt; unable to actually tear it, he pulled it off of her, and tossed it on the floor. She lay before him in a torn blouse, a black lacy bra, a matching thong, and a garter belt that still held up two nylon stockings.

“You look so delectable,” he growled. He climbed off of her, and tore his own shirt open adding his own buttons to the scattered mess on the floor. Once he disposed of it he removed his pants, boxers, and socks. He now stood naked before her stroking a long veiny cock.

Hannah licked her lips in anticipation of tasting that long rod of man flesh. She got on her hands, and knees, and crawled to the edge of the bed. Gripping his member in both hands, she slid her hot wet mouth over the tip, and began to suck. Sidney ran his hands through her hair as she sucked on his tip. In response to his moans of pleasure she began sliding her warm, wet, mouth up and down the length of throbbing flesh. He fisted his hands into her hair, and began to thrust to her rhythm. This was another thing his wife never did, even before they lost their baby.

“My god, Hannah,” he growled. “You are so good at this. I feel like you’re fucking me with your mouth.”

She moved faster at that. He responded by thrusting deeper, until he was going in to his root. With one final thrust a stream of warm salty liquid shot down her throat, and filled her mouth. Hannah swallowed obediently, and pulled off of him.

“Your turn,” he breathed. He was on top of her again. Instead of fighting his way through her garter belt he simply pulled the thong aside, and began licking the wet folds of her sex; coaxing out the tiny bundle of nerves that all women had. When her clit peaked out of its hiding place he was on it like a predator subduing its prey. She writhed, and moaned; gripping the coverlet on the bed as he teased her with lips, tongue, and even the gentle squeeze of his teeth.

“God! Sidney!” Hannah gasped. She reached down and ran her fingers through the dark brown curls that he had begun to grow out since they had left for their first tour. The beard on his chin scratched at her folds and inner thighs making her pleasure that much more intense.

After her first orgasm he moved his mouth to her opening. He wasted no time getting his tongue inside her. Once there he proceeded to drink her orgasms one right after the other until her body went limp.

He crawled over her again notching the large head of his cock into her folds. He unhooked the front hook of her bra with trembling fingers, and opened it to reveal a smooth pair of C cup breasts with pink hardened nipples. He rousted her from her orgasmic haze by pinching the tender little buds between his thumb and forefingers. Her eyes slid open and she stared up at him through her eyelashes. He cupped one of the smooth mounds of flesh, and sucked the hardened tip into his mouth; lashing it with his tongue. She gasped, and writhed sliding involuntarily over the head of his cock. It took every ounce of his control not to shove inside her, and fuck her on the spot. No, he scolded himself. This is for her pleasure too, not just my own. He switched to the other nipple, and gave it the same attention as the first.

Hannah slid down a bit further on him as he teased her nipple. His cock was so thick that it sent a delightful twinge of pain through her as it spread the delicate tissue between her legs. He moved up so that his mouth was level with hers, which pushed the long hard rod of pleasure deeper. He kissed her again, this time making love to her mouth with his tongue as he had her pussy. Her tongue tasted salty, and his tasted sweet. They sucked on each other’s tongues to enjoy the mixture of the flavors. He pulled his mouth away, and stared down into her dark brown eyes. She stared right back up into his as he pushed into her the rest of the way.

“I love you Hannah,” he breathed. “I want to make you feel this way every night for the rest of our lives.”

“Sidney,” she breathed. “I want you.”

“Do you love me?” He inquired. He began to move in and out of her slowly.

“I love you,” she breathed. She felt his pace quicken.

“Say it again,” he demanded. He hadn’t heard those words in so long he did not care whether or not she meant them.

“I love you,” she repeated wrapping her arms around him. He began to move a bit faster inside her.

“Again,” he slowed down, so that he stroked each word from her with his cock.

“I… Love… You…” She repeated.

Satisfied with her response he built up the pace of his thrusts. Faster and faster; harder and harder; until the head board of the bed was slamming the wall with every thrust. Her hips bucked in time to his thrusts, she moaned with each stroke of his rod over her most sensitive flesh.

“Oh god Sidney!” She cried out as her orgasm claimed her. She locked around him like a fist, and slowly loosened as her juices soaked his cock.

“Oh Hannah,” he pushed in and out of her a few more times. “I… Love… You… So… Much…” on the word much he shoved deep into her, and filled her with the same salty liquid that had ran down her throat. As he pulled out a trickle of liquid ran from her opening down to her anus. He leaned down, and licked up the mess that had spilled out of her.

Once he cleaned himself off he returned to the bed to find her naked, curled up on her side fast asleep. He crawled onto the bed pulling the coverlet over them. He curled up behind her, pressed a kiss to her shoulder, and wrapped his arms around her. In the morning he would call his lawyer to start the divorce proceedings. He knew his wife would never stay married to an adulterer. Even if things did not work out with Hannah, he had remembered what passion felt like, and he was not going to let that go just to satisfy some notion of duty. He and Colleen did not love each other, and she was not willing to try to rekindle that love despite his best efforts. So, he saw no reason to remain in a miserable situation when he had a woman in his arms who could at least give him a night of passion once and a while.


The next morning Sidney awoke to find his arms, and bed empty. He pushed himself up, and glanced around for a sign of Hannah. When it was apparent that she was not in the room, he got out of bed, pulled on his pants, and made his way out to the common area of the suite. He found her standing in the kitchenette, in the terry cloth robe the hotel provided. She was in the process of pouring a fresh steaming mug of coffee. Sidney moved to stand behind her, and wrapped his arms around her waist. She leaned back into him, and angled her head to look up at him. He leaned down, and brushed his lips over hers. He was about to deepen the kiss, and was contemplating loosening the knot of her robe when a sharp knock on the door interrupted him.

“Hold that thought,” he instructed as he reluctantly moved away from her. He walked to the door, and opened it muttering under his breath, “this better be important.”

A young man in a Currier's uniform stood on the other side of the door clutching a large manila envelope, and a clip board in both hands. He looked up into Sidney’s face apologetically.

“Are you Sidney Larken?” The young man inquired.

“Yes,” Sidney answered. He stepped a little further into the hall, keeping a hand on the door so as not to let it close, and lock him out.

“I’m sorry to do this to you sir,” the young man held out the manila envelope, “but on behalf of Colleen Larken’s attorney, you are being served with divorce papers.”

Sidney stared at the youth in shock. He was not quite sure how to react to this turn of events. He reached out and took the envelope proffered by the Currier; it was real. He flipped it over, and saw the name of their lawyer on the return address label, and the address of the law office beneath the name. Sidney felt a weight lifted from his shoulders. He was not sure if it was right to do so, but he allowed himself to smile with relief.

“I’ll need you to sign here sir,” the young man held out the clip board and the pen nervously. He had never actually seen someone smile at such news.

Sidney tucked the envelope under his left arm, and signed the sheet on the clipboard. He wished the young man a nice day, and stepped back into the suite holding the envelope that in his mind contained his freedom. Hannah came over to him proffering a cup of coffee. He let go of the envelope with one hand, and took the coffee from her.

“What is that?” Hannah inquired pointing at the envelope.

“Divorce papers,” Sidney answered after taking a sip of his coffee.

Hannah choked on her sip nearly spluttering it from her mouth. “Oh, Sidney, I’m so sorry.”

“Don’t be,” Sidney assured her. “This was a long time coming, I was actually going to put this in motion today. She has saved me the trouble.”

He was not quite sure what had prompted Colleen to be so magnanimous all of a sudden, but he sure as hell wasn’t going to look a gift horse in the mouth. He bared her no ill-will, and hoped that she would find someone who would make her happier than he had been able to. He set the envelope down on the small dining table, and pulled Hannah into his arms. He kissed her with a knew found passion, that had no guilt laced into it. He was not certain if they would be happy together forever, but at least they could be happy with each other for now. With that thought he once again carried her into the room they would now share, and made passionate, freed, love with her until they were forced to stop to check out of the hotel.
© Copyright 2014 Vixey Todd (jlh1982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997218-Persona