*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997661-The-cynical-view
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1997661
A young person gives a cynical view on life
I cant find anything good in this world. Not one thing that says we do something completely unselfish. Not even I can admit that I have never been unselfish because the truth is we all are. Even if you give something up for someone else you feel better about yourself because you have done something nice. So here we are, the selfish creatures on this planet that we called earth.

      My parents think me to be quite a cynical person but I just see the truth in everything. Yet they look at me with sad eyes which say they wish I was different. I could try to be different but when you know the purpose of your life is to die, it's hard to be happy. Everyone tells me that we need to make life worth while but what's the point? No-one shall remember who I was or even that I existed and in many years to come no humans may exist. Who knows?  I know that one day I'm going to be worm food and no amount of me leading a healthy happy life will change that. I suppose I should be grateful for being alive right now but some-one else could of taken my place and maybe they would see the beauty is this life.

      Sometimes I do see some beauty but its in the nature that surrounds us and what we have destroyed. I see the beauty in a butterflies delicate wings and I see the beauty in falling blossom petals. We ruin the beauty of nature. Like I said though I am very cynical so I despise just about everything. This is why I have no friends and I'm alone in my own mind which is a swirling black hole.
© Copyright 2014 Writergirl1996 (writergirl1996 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997661-The-cynical-view