*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997733-Untitled-Story-1
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Detective · #1997733
A detective goes to the third murder by a serial killer, who has made his first mistake.
A Detective Story (needs a title)

It was a gloomy Thursday morning when Detective Johnson pulled up to 83 Baker Street. Officers, the county's coroner (this isn't accurate, but I wrote this back when I had only been watching N.C.I.S., where this happens on the tv show), and forensic techs littered the front yard of a two-story house. Detective Johnson stepped out of his car and walked over to where the coroner was busy examining the body of a young man.

"What happened here?" asked Detective Johnson as he lifted up the yellow tape and flashed the officers in front of him his badge.

"Multiple gunshots to the head and torso," said Dr. Matthews.

"That's the third homicide in two weeks with the same C.O.D. (cause of death) as the other two."

"So it seems, but there's something different about this one," said Dr. Matthews. "Look around."

Detective Johnson looked around: at the body, the grass, the house, and then the sky. He turned back to Dr. Matthews. "The body is outside this time."

"Precisely. Which means..."

"Which means that this one escaped!"

He paused.

"...almost."

© Copyright 2014 Ryan Monahan (akaboy123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997733-Untitled-Story-1