*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997821-Barefoot-Follies
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #1997821
A compilation of stories of characters experiences cartoonish injuries to their barefeet.
Christian

College students enjoy partying, but it can get them into a lot of trouble sometimes. Christian, sophomore in college, knows all to well about the after effects of too much partying. Even so, he still likes to party.

One afternoon, Christian, in his tank top and shorts, awoke after a night of drinking and he felt awful. He barely remembers the night or even how he got home. It was two o’clock in the afternoon so he might as well get out of bed. Still dazed and confused, he stumbled out of his bed towards the bathroom when he stubs his big toe on his dresser.

“Owwwwww! AAAAHHHHOWWWW! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!” Christian cried out as he clenched his big toe in his hand and began to jump up and down on one foot. The jumping made him very dizzy though…and a little sick. So he hopped over to the bathroom where he recapped the night in the toilet. He sat there for a while until he got it out of his system. Now weak, he limped to his kitchen to get something to drink. When he opened the fridge door, a can of soda fell out from the middle shelf landing on the toe he stubbed.

Christian cried out in pain and clenched his toe in his hands and hopped around his kitchen crying in pain. His pain blinded him to the fact the soda can was still on the floor and soon he hopped right on it, causing him to slip and fall hitting his head hard on the floor. Christian wasn't seriously hurt, but it forced him to take an unexpected nap where he would sleep off the hangover. The pain in his head and toe however, that stuck around for a while.

Moral of the story…..it’s best to wear slippers at least in the morning after a night of heavy drinking. You never know what you might walk into.

Nick

Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Nick, who is an ace student in school and an all around nice guy, but not everyone likes nice. Some of Nick’s classmates from school aren't fond of Nick so they decided to play a prank on him.

After a week of classes, studying, and school work, Nick who was wearing a white t-shirt and blue shorts, decided to relax and take time to himself. However, he fell asleep on the couch in the common room of his dorm building. The three students who were going to prank Nick, quietly came over and stole his room key, which was only around his neck. They went into his room and laid some traps down.

Nick was smart so if the bullied took a direct approach, he would know something was up. So the bullies decided to indirectly get him to the room, but giving him a hotfoot after returning the room key around Nick’s neck. He was barefoot so it was easy to sneak matches in between his toes. When the fire reached the toes of his right foot, Nick woke up instantly.

“YEEEEEEOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!” he shouted as jumped up off the couch while shaking his foot violently hopping the flames would go out. When they did, he clenched his foot in his hands and hopped around the room moaning. He stopped from time to time to fan his foot with his one hand or to blow cool air on it. The bullies did everything in their power to not laugh a loud.

Nick hopped over to his room, unlocked his door, then hopped inside. He hoped to find sanctuary in his dorm. All he found was a mousetrap waiting on the other side, which snapped shut on the toes of his left foot. Nick cried aloud “OOOOOOWWWWWW” before switching feet and began hopping around his dorm room clutching he left foot in his hands with the mousetrap handling from his foot. He hopped over to the bathroom to fill the tub with water so he could soak his sore feet in it. When he opened the bathroom door, a bucket of water fell on his head soaking him from head to toe. This made Nick mad, and he took his frustration out on his school bag that was on the floor by kicking it with his right foot. Only problems was the bullies hid a metal weight in there so his foot twanged off the bag painfully sending Nick into a new level of pain as he hopped around the room clenching his really sore foot in his hands.

The three bullies had their laugh that day, and when they saw Nick the next day around campus rubbing his feet as he sat under a tree, they couldn't help but laugh at him. Nick then put the pieces together and figured out what had happened, but he ultimately got the last laugh when a car sped by and ran the feet over of the three bullies who weren't paying attention. It may not have cured the throbbing pain in Nick’s feet, but it did comfort him to see karma do it’s thing to the three bullies, as he watched them hopping around campus clutching their hurt foot.

Mark

They say to watch what you put on the internet because it might come back to haunt you. For Mark, the haunting began earlier than expected. You see Mark had a foot fetish that nobody knew about. Not even his girlfriend. He enjoyed taking pictures and videos of his feet and posting them online. Mark never wanted his girlfriend to find out about his secret life because he detests feet and such things.

One night, Mark, wearing a white t-shirt and black shorts, was sitting on the floor recording another video of his feet for his fans. He recorded all kinds of poses with his feet. He was filming the tops of his feet, when he heard someone coming. He scrambled to lock the door when it suddenly opened really fast and rammed the toes of his right foot really hard.

“OOOOOHHHH OOOOWWWWW OOOOOOHHH!” he moaned as he sat the camera down and hopping up and down while holding his toes in his hands. The person who entered was his girlfriend, who was very apologetic about smashing her boyfriends toes. Neither has any idea the camera was on. After his girlfriend left, Mark realized the camera was on the whole time so he cut the video and posted the park where his toes got hurt. His fans gave a positive response. So Mark began to film himself hurting his feet and toes causing him to hop around in pain.

Such a secret life is hard to keep especially since he was hurting himself often. His girlfriend constantly found him clutching his feet while hopping around, and he was always limping. Mark would give an excuses, mostly clumsiness, and it worked for awhile, but his girlfriend started getting suspicious. No one was that clumsy. So one day, she snuck up to his room while he was doing “something” and she stood outside the door listening. All she heard was shuffling. So she took out her slim phone and turned the camera on. She then slipped it under her boyfriends door and recorded what he was doing. Then she heard the thud of an object and Mark moaning his pain. Then the hopping began. She pulled her phone back and watched the footage and saw what Mark was doing.

Mark’s girlfriend, who was slender, tall, wearing a t-shirt and short shorts, was mad and burst into his room freaking out. She didn't notice the weight lying on the floor and he stubbed her toes on it before she could begin to scream at Mark. “YEOW MY TOES!” she screamed as she clutched them in her hands and began to hop around. “MY TOES! MY TOES! MY TOES!”

Mark tried to comfort her and explain himself at the same time. She only hopped hard on his injured foot causing him to hop around like her. She eventually put her foot down and gave Mark an earful before storming out never to be heard from again.

Moral of the story….the best relationships are the ones with no secrets. And when you have enemies that know your secrets and know what you post online, you are better off creating a new identity.
© Copyright 2014 Trapper26 (trapper26 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997821-Barefoot-Follies