*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998256-The-Dawn
by Elena
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1998256
Horror story about what happens when a vampire doesn't obey the rules




"Good morning, Zora," Milena smiled coldly as Zora walked into her bedroom. "Good night?"

Zora's mouth was stained red with blood. She had had a good night.

"What are you doing here?" Zora frowned. This was unusual. It was nearly dawn, time for all good vampires to be heading to bed.

"What am I doing here?" Milena mimicked. "The counsel sent me, moron."

Zora stopped in her tracks. The counsel sent her. They knew.

"Sit. Listen." Milena pushed Zora down. She unrolled a scroll of paper. Out the window, the sky glowed a pale pink and brilliant orange.

"You are hear by charge with the following crimes. You have been feeding off healthy young people, including children under the age of ten years. You have violated Article V, section six of our charter: we shall only feed of human beings who are terminally ill, in order to end their suffering. You have been observed feeding off eight year old twins and their parents, all of whom were healthy. How do you plead?" Milena's Czech accent was more pronounced as she read the English words. Even though she had been in the United States since just after the First World War, she couldn't shake the accent of the land she had resided in for nearly three hundred years.

"Not guilty," Zora said firmly.

Milena laughed and tossed three photos at her. They were Vampics, which were vampire pictures. They clearly showed Zora drinking the blood of two little girls.

Milena sneered at Zora cruelly. The sky behind her began to bleed orange and pink across an inky blue sky.

"For the violation, and for lying about it, the council has authorized me to give you the sentence of The Dawn."

"No!" Zora shrieked. "I won't do it again!"

Milena laughed coldly. "Yes, you would. It wasn't going to stop."

The sun began to peek over the hills behind Milena, a brilliant orange ball of fire. Zora's feet began to smolder. Milena had removed all the sun proof curtains.

"You'll die too,"Zora screamed at her as more smoke began to steam out of her. Milena showed her the ring that protected her. Coincidently it was on her middle finger.

"Goodbye, Zora. Užijte si zadek převálcoval ďábel každou noc."

Zora screamed as smoke began pouring out of her face, and then she was a pile of ashes. Milena swept them up and placed them in a plastic bag. She walked down to a small stream and dumped the ashes in. They floated on the surface for a moment, then were dissolved into the water.

Milena smiled her blood curdling grin again. "Goodbye Zora. You will harm no more children."

































© Copyright 2014 Elena (shyelena at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998256-The-Dawn