*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998746-Corruption-in-the-Halls-of-Justice
by Archie
Rated: E · Essay · Community · #1998746
Looking at the favoritism in City Government.
After reading the article about Greg Underwood winning his DUI appeal, I felt as if I were watching an old-time western about a corrupt town waiting for the good guy to rescue the town from its own leadership. Or, perhaps this is similar to the court scene in the hilarious movie, "My Cousin Vinnie." Alas, for us, the good guys also win in that movie. Dare I say, there are touches of "Blazing Saddles" in this story as well?

Injustice has been served. The DUI is only the catalyst in this tragic, flagrant miscarriage of justice. Had Underwood followed the law, as he is sworn to do, he would have taken the breathalyzer and proven beyond a doubt that he was sober, or, more likely, not sober.

The stories of the witnesses were abhorrent. And astounding in that their untrained eyes were taken as fact over the word of a trained state trooper. And don't get me started on the Miscarriage Judge, Charles S. Sharp, who allowed this circus to transpire in his courtroom.

People of Norfolk need to awaken to the corruption within its limits. The crony legal system that allows this sort of "justice" merely sets the stage for another death at the hands of a drunken driver.
© Copyright 2014 Archie (archiew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998746-Corruption-in-the-Halls-of-Justice