*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998769-A-Kiss-In-The-Rain
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1998769
The rain can be a great help in love
He was looking out his window when he spotted her, totally unaware that this was his true love. He smiled at her, as he saw her standing there in the rain, arms out head held to the sky. She was the most magnificent thing that he had ever seen. Her hair was fiery red flames and even the rain couldn't dampen the fire. Her body was curvy in all the right places as she wore a knee length, body hugging red dress. Her lips were painted to be a bright red colour. She looked like a temptress or something from a book because she didn’t seem real. He was dying to see her eyes, but she kept them closed whilst the rain poured down on her. Without permission, his feet left the window and went down the stairs to the front door. He gripped the handle with his right hand and swung the door wide open.

                The rain was slashing down, but he found the droplets to be beautiful. Rain keeps things alive and washes the bad away, and right now, watching this young woman in the rain, he could see her coming alive. She looked refreshed, and as he stepped out into the rain to go to her, he realised she was smiling. Right at that moment, he saw her to be the Goddess of the rain, and how he wished to always be in the rain. He still moved towards her, but his footsteps were quiet, afraid to make a sudden movement and scare her. He was ten steps away from this beautiful woman when she opened up her eyes and turned her head towards him. He was instantly frozen to the ground. Her eyes were emerald green, but she made all the jewels jealous, for her eyes were more precious than them. She turned to face him still smiling: he cleared his throat.

             

                    “Why are you standing in the rain?” He stepped a little bit closer.

              “I don’t know”. she bit her bottom lip. “Why are you standing in the rain?”

                    He chuckled softly. “I came to the see the beauty”. he still moved closer to her, and she didn’t move back.

              “The rain is beautiful” she closed her eyes again and tilted her head to the sky. This only lasted for two minutes before she came back to him. “I love the rain because it brings life and happiness. I hate it when people associate it with sadness because all love stories share a great kiss in the rain.” 

                    He was now standing two feet from her, “The rain is beautiful, but I was referring to you” He glanced down quickly, afraid to find disgust in her eyes or hear her walk away. After a few seconds when he didn’t hear anything, he risked a glance at her. She was just standing there watching him with curious eyes. He ran a hand through his wet hair. “I'm sorry I didn’t mean to offend you."

            She let out a long breath. “I can’t believe you think I'm beautiful.” She stepped closer to him. “I think you’re beautiful.” She gave a shy smile and reached out to touch some of his wet hair.

                      “You’re not just beautiful, you’re the best most amazing thing I have ever laid my eyes on." He put a hand on the wrist touching his hair, and he tugged her hand down to kiss her palm.

            “I'm standing in the rain because I was hoping you would notice me”, her voice was husky and quiet.  She took that last step towards him; now, they were so close that all he had to do was lean down and kiss her.

                        He growled in his throat, “May I kiss you?” He dropped her wrist and moved his hands to the side of her waist. She nodded seeming unable to speak, but he still resisted until she put her hand to the back of his neck urging him down to kiss her. He complied at once crushing his lips on her. She moaned deep in her throat and wrapped both her hands in his hair. He could taste strawberries, and he made a mental note to buy some, so he could remember her taste later. The kiss only lasted two minutes, but to him it was a lifetime. When he finally pulled away, they were both breathing hard, and their eyes locked on each other.

              She smiled still breathing hard. “That was amazing”

                          “All love stories share a great kiss in the rain.” Then his lips met hers again.

© Copyright 2014 Writergirl1996 (writergirl1996 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998769-A-Kiss-In-The-Rain