*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998929-Overwhelming-Evidence-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #1998929
Second chapter for a book I am working on.
'Oww, my head."
That was the first thought he had when he woke up. Since then he had had a few other thoughts. For one, he had wanted to know why he couldn't move. It hadn't taken him long to figure out that was because he was strapped to some kind of table or bed. There was a strap on each of his arms, one on each of his legs, one across his chest and another around his head. He had tried several times to get himself loose with no luck. The only thing he had accomplished was give himself burns from the straps on his arms. The straps themselves weren't overly tight, he just didn't like sitting still. He remembered hating to have to sit through his dad's funeral. It wasn't because he was upset to say goodbye to his dad, he just hated sitting still.

Another thought had been confusion over why it was so dark in this room. There was no light on in the room, and the only light he could see was coming from a door on his right side. He had spent several minutes looking at that door wondering when someone would come in. Then it had turned into if someone would come in. Then he was struck with a truly terrifying thought. Maybe whoever had him was going to leave im in this dark room until he got scared. He decided that he wasn't going to give them the satisfaction. If that was what they wanted, they would have to wait a long time. He knew he was young, but he was as determined as his dad had been and he wasn't about to stop that now.

After he had gotten as much information as he could about his situation, he triedto think of how he had gotten hear. He remebered having his mom clean him up after he fell out of the tree. He also remembered hearing the ice cream truck during his favorite show and going to ask his mom if he could have some. She had given him the money and he had went out to the truck. He remembered asking the man for a strawberry shortcake thing for his mom and a chocolate drumstick for himself. Once he had the ice cream in his hands, he had taken a quick bite of his drumstick. He remembered walking away from the truck and feeling really tired. He remembered feeling like he was gonna fall asleep right there on the sidewalk and that was the last thing he remembered. As he wracked his brain trying to remember anything else, a bright light suddenly appeared in the corner across from him. He blinked a few time to get his eyes to adjust. Once they had, he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

There before him was his father. He knew that he couldn't be possible though, because his father was dead. He knew that because he had seen his daddy laying in the coffin at his funeral. His mommy had told him that his dad had died at work, but she hadn't told him how. He knew his dad was a cop, but that didn't really tell him anything. That left only one option. The person that looked like daddy standing across from him was an angel and he was dead. As he tried to wrap his mind around that thought, the angel spoke to him.

"Hello Gavin. Do you know who I am," he asked in a melodic voice.

"Well," the boy croaked, "you look like my daddy, but he died. So, I think that makes you an angel, right?"

The angel smiled at him. "That's right. When I was alive, I was your daddy. When I died, I was given the task of watching over you and making sure you were safe."

"But I thought only dead people saw angels," Gavin said before he could stop himself
.
"Oh, son. That's not the case. Sometimes people, especially children, can see angels when they are really scared or really sick. Since you are both, thats why you are seeing me."

As Gavin thought about what the angel had told him, he looked more closely at the angel. He did look almost exactly like his dad. He had the same short, brown hair that his father had. He felt like he was looking at his fathers blue eyes when the angel looked at him. His mommy had always told him he had his dads eyes. As he looked at the angel, he could see why she said that. It was almost as if there was a mirror that was reflecting his own eyes back at him. The angel had the same soft smile, and the same strong jaw as his dad. There was only one major difference that Gavin could see. The angel had an almost imperceptible scar on his neck. Gavin thought that maybe this had come from whatever had killed his dad, but he didn't want to ask
.
"I know this is scary Gavin," the angel said, bringing Gavin out of his thoughts. "You have to be strong for me. If you stay strong, I promise you will be fine. You think you can do that for me, buddy?"

Gavin wanted to cry. His dad had always called him that.

"Yeah, I can do that. I do have a question though. What do I call you," he said as he looked the angel in the eyes.
"Well, if it makes you feel better, you can call me dad. Now, I have to go for a little bit, but I promise I will be back. Just remeber, be strong for me," he said as the light began to fade. Just as the last of the light faded from the room, the door opened. Gavin was scared, but he was determined to be brave. For his daddy.
© Copyright 2014 Spiritguide_23 (spiritguide_23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998929-Overwhelming-Evidence-Chapter-2