*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998966-The-Wizards-Legacy---Time-Passed
Rated: 13+ · Other · Sci-fi · #1998966
Homin the wizard has an interruption from Eagadon, the dark wizard!
                                                                  The Wizard's Legacy
                                                                        Time Passed

  A beautiful Spring day in the land of Vecris.  A realm ruled by wizards and sorcery.  Throughout this amazing land lie many hills which attach themselves to the many green forests. Breaking from the view of the forests are many waterfalls which flow into the Targon River, the largest river in Vecris.  Homin and his apprentice, Lethor  return from the village of Maduska, the closest one without a three day travel.

  "Almost home Lethor" the old wizard grunts out. "I'm sure the horses will be glad to get a rest."

  He turns to Lethor to see as usual he's taking in the country side. He fixes his gaze on the medium size rundown cabin approaching straight ahead .

  "Yea, just glad we got the things we needed for a a while longer, the garden's not even sprouting yet" he says. "I'll just be glad when it's time for bed tonight."

  "I'm sure you will" the wizard says. "I'm sure you will."

  The two ride on up to the raggedy stable in which the horses are kept and allow them to drink from the wooden trowel built for just that purpose. Making sure they have plenty to eat for the night, they tie the animals up and gather the goods they returned with.

Suddenly, a whirl of black smoke with sparks of singed ozone begins a tornadic spiral in front of the two wizards.

Homin drops the valuables,and grabs Lethor by the arm, causing the youth to drop the valuable items he was carrying. He quickly spins him away.

  "You must take cover Lethor, this will not be good!" says Homin.

  A white light exits Homin's hands lifting Lethor up and over the Targon river towards the woods. Homin puts several more yards between himself and whomever it is arriving in the black cloud.

  Casting the only spell he really knows, Lethor allows himself a soft landing at the forest's edge. There's no hesitation as he scrambles inside the tree-line for safe cover. He looks across to see Homin getting ready, standing in a battle stance, noticing Homin form a brightly colored white shield with his powers, before taking cover completely. With no immediate place to hide, it's all Homin can do.

  A body forms on the ground as the smoke begins to dissipate, revealing a man wearing black attire. Adorned with a mass of gold bracelets on each wrist. His neck holds several necklaces, also made of gold. One even being an up-side down crucifix. The man himself has long black hair, with equally black beard and mustache. Eagadon rises up just as the last of the black smoke rises above his head, he meets Homin's gaze, realizing that his arrival has not been unseen. Eagadon then forms his own white shield to protect himself from any spell Homin may throw his way.

  Homin's eyes squint slightly causing wrinkles to appear in his forehead. He manages to squeeze a single thought from his mind. Eagadon. His next thoughts are He's still alive, why show up now?

Eagadon launches a sliver of evil lightning just around the edge of his shield, it lands at Homin's feet just in front of his shield. Homin backs up another several feet, just more distance between him and the dark wizard.

  "Time has not been kind to you Homin my old friend, you appear old and frail. You look all of your three hundred years." Eagadon says.

  Eagadon holds the spell with only his left hand, giving him a chance to cast another bolt with his right hand if given the chance. Moving quickly to Homin's left side, Eagadon hopes this will influence Homin to stride to his right, ever closer to the Targon river.  Shortening his escape options. Eagadon knows after Homin has used his abilities to form the shield, as well as any spells the old wizard may throw his way, the chances for his aerial flight will be next to impossible.

  Without warning, Homin throws a lightning streak Eagadons way. First it turns to two streaks, then the two turn to four. The first two streak across both of Eagadon's shoulders causing him to flinch, the next two land in front of the shield on the ground. Homin still feels the need for more space between him and the dark wizard. Homin edges several more feet near the Targon river.

  "What are you here for Eagadon, you know there's no way I will ever let you kill me, and if you did succeed, to what purpose would it serve?" Homin asks.

  "My dear Homin" Eagadon says 'If I kill you, wouldn't that allow me to rule Vecris, your homeland in which you rule?"

  Eagadon conjures up a ball of lightning, holding it in his right hand, waiting for a misstep by Homin, looking for the right time to launch it his way. He sees his chance as Homin has turned to look where he's placing his feet in each step he takes along the Targon's edge, his shield not quite squared Eagadon's way. The dark wizard launches the ball quickly, hitting along the edge of Homin's shield, knocking the old wizard down, causing him to let go of the conjured shield.  Eagadon quickly lets go of his own shield, floating quickly over to land several yards from Homin's feet. The old man now manages a almost sitting/laying posture from weakness.

  "This will be your end my old friend" says Eagadon as he conjures up a life ending lightning ball. "Good bye old friend."

  Eagadon is startled by the sound of feet landing on the ground behind him, He turns quickly to see a mere 13 year old boy standing behind him. So consumed with killing off Homin, he failed to notice the boy had traveled down the river line and crossed back to their side. Lethor swings a good sized tree limb and meets with Eagadons head. "Leave my teacher ALONE." he screams.

  Eagadon falls violently to the ground, not quite clearly sure what just happened. He knows he no longer has the advantage. Quickly casting a disappearing spell, another fog of black smoke and burning ozone surrounds the black wizard, and in a flash, he is gone.

  Lethor goes and helps Homin to his feet asking "Who in sakes was that?"

  "Just someone I knew long ago" Homin lets out " and I assure you Lethor, it's not the last we'll see of HIM".


 
 
© Copyright 2014 Wayne Foster (waynefoster3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998966-The-Wizards-Legacy---Time-Passed