*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999023-neon-and-fusion-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1999023
Cynthia Paige finally returns to her home only to discover the mystery of her life.

I Cynthia Paige am a star crossed child. I blamed myself for every tragedy that had and will come. Being born on the same day as a new year meant many misery in my life. It all began the night I was born, my first mistake. My mother died giving birth to me and I never met my father. Then the elder goddess adopted me, trained and raised me. When I finally reach my 19th birthday I had my first prediction. Yes it was common for a goddess of time to have dreams about the future. I could bend time anyway I wanted but only so much without damaging it. I finally decided to tell the elders and I didn't appreciate their reaction. "That seems very vivid" explained elder else, "indeed, we should head into town" elder Erin added. "You’re right, Cynthia how bad did the dream get?" asked elder Elena. The three elders had a habit of finishing each other’s sentences now and then." I saw a lot of destruction but it was nothing worth going back to town for" I expressed. The elders and I lived outside the kingdom to avoid the massive amount of attention. It also reminded me of what life would be like with my mom. "You'll be fine my cherie," explained elder Elsa. "We must make haste, we can't allow millions to die" elder Elena made a valuable point. "We'll get to stay in the castle" elder Elsa smiled. I only had my straight face on, "hats not going to help" I explained. Since my mom queen Eden left the snobbish Monroe family to rule over Gaia and the economy has went down since. That's why I hated being in town, one, seeing them and two giving people false hope that one day the true princess would return.
*
As soon as we pulled up to the castles drives way, I could hear their loud annoying voices from the car. I acted as my usual charming and graceful self as I shook hands with king and Queen Monroe. "Cynthia Paige, how nice to see you again" greeted King monroe, "Cynthia always a pleasure... You look so much like your mother" she smiled. "Hello king and Queen Monroe..." I smiled. "So what brings the princess and the elders back to our kingdom". A loud, annoying voice that could shatter glass echoed through the air. "Princess, there is only one princess," I turned to see some girl strut her way toward us. "Cynthia, elders, this is Shannon, our sons fiancé and future princess" King monroe expressed. I raised my eyebrow at her once she asked "and you are?" I turned to the elders and gave them an 'I want to leave' stare. "Princess Shannon this is or was the first princess Cynthia Paige" explained the king. "And where is Bishop now?" I asked. "Out with his friends" explained Queen Monroe. I wonder why I thought, " well, we shouldn't stay out here all day why not come inside" Queen Monroe urged. “Actually I was hoping to go visit some friends in town I explained. I turned toward the elders hoping they wouldn't try and stop me. “Thats fine just be sure to be by dinner” elder eerin ordered.
*Bishop monroe*
My friends Nathan, Bishop, and Ryan were driving in a car discussing a mandatory problem. Which movie to go see, “I think robots vs zombies 2. Its the only thing interesting out” I protested. “No way what's his faces movie came out, the laughing heart” added bishop. “Just pick a freakin’ movie already” complained nathan, he was never the patient type in a way he was kind a like a princess. Much like shannon, strangely. “I like jessie jonas plays an awesome single parent in the color blue” blurted ryan. All three of us couldn't stop but turn around at him and say, “what”. When nathan did take his eyes off the road he was getting dangerously close to a cross walk filled with pedestrians. When he had realized it he slammed on the brakes. It looked like it was too late until, an invisible force lifted the car in the air. I looked around to see what was going on when I saw her. The goddess of space as well as the ex-princess, cynthia paige and all her flawless grace. I don't know how dhe did it but the car was floating like gravity did not exist or something. People were astonished by her great power, and she put the car back down. Once everything was calm and quiet she began to turn and leave, “epic...so whos the chick?” asked bishop. “Thats cynthia paige,t the ex-princess” I couldn't believe it either. The angry honks of cars woke us from our day dreaming and we took off.
*
later that night, the batch and I made our way to the basketball court to watch the players, because we were too lazy to play. as we sat in the stands a soft peaceful voice caught my attention, it was the only girl I could think about, cynthia. “I always thought the prince of gaia would watch where he was going” she explained. I smiled back, “well I wasn't the one driving but thanks for keeping an eye out for the citizens” I added. “the citizens are like family to me… do you ever feel responsible for them. Like being there avenging angel” she stared. I could kind of see where she was going with. “well yeah I mean us cosmic titan have to protect the ones who cant protect themselves.” she she smiled at me, “with that kind of attitude I trust gaia is in the right hands”. I didnt want to pry or anything but I had to ask the big question. So what's the deal with you what happened to your parents” I asked. “she turned towards the player for a moment then back at me. “my mother died giving birth to me, and I never met my father. Seeing how I had nowhere else to go the elders took me in and showed me how to control my powers” she answered. “I heard about that… the powers thing. People said you were glowing like a sun when you were born” I added. She laughed and smiled at me “yeah the elders said I was destined to protect the innocent. I still don't know what that means” she confessed. “ well you saved some lives today so whatever they prepared you for its working” I explained. “that actually reminds me of something I have to do. It was nice meeting you Bishop monroe” she expressed. We both shook hands then she left by teleporting some how by leaving green neon dust behind.
*cynthia pierce*
I returned the castle by sneaking into a window, the reason was I didn't want anyone to know I was snooping around the castle. I was in the main tower of the castle and came across a large metal door. I couldn't help but piere inside the room and discover. I was my room, or at least use to be. Before my mother died she must have planned out everything for me. It made the guilty seem like a thousand time heavier since the only reason my mom died was because of me. Thats when I noticed something under the crib a beige rusty chest with the words cynthia engraved on it. It had a strange lock on it infact when I touched the lock it pricked my finger causing blood to come out. Which was strange being a cosmic titan not many objects could hurt us, whatever I had pressed open the lock and I didn't waste time to open it. I found: a dairy, necklace, a clock, strange talon gauntlets, and a letter. The letter was addressed to me and felt like there was something thick inside. Before I could open it I heard faint footprints as if whoever was coming was trying to snoop around as I did . I took the letter and pushed the chest back under the crib and teleported like no one was even there.
*
I was at the top of the roof alone staring at the letter. Trying to figure out what was inside and why I didn't want to know about it. I opened the envelope to find multiple pages all addressed to me. I read the first one which explained my powers which I mostly knew about until she stated something about oppression. I looked through the other note and found something about the elders. “ cynthia my cherie, if you read or find this letter I assume im dead. I want to remind you to never lose hope even if the world falls on top of you. The reason i'm not with you is because of deception and corruption . I speak of the elders, listen careful of they say. I know they will be close to you since i’m not around. for the sake of gaia and maybe the entire galaxy don't trust them.the reason I am dead is because of them. They are not your family they are your kidnappers. If you seek to know more talk to marI monroe who I assume is queen by now.” I was speech less and tears began to fall down my face. The last thing I need to was cry,I needed to know the truth.
© Copyright 2014 Danger2.0 (tatedanger2.0 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999023-neon-and-fusion-1