*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999103-The-Eddie-Lynch-Chronicals
Rated: E · Novel · Crime/Gangster · #1999103
Historic fiction about Oklahoma during Prohibition and the Depression.
THE EDDIE LYNCH CHRONICLES

HOW IT ALL BEGAN

WRITTEN BY:
RICHARD HOSMAN
TOBI HAYES
CORINA HURST
JENNA RAISON

ALSO KNOWN AS THE LYNCH MOB

This is a work of historical fiction. The main character is purely fictional but the people he is associated with the events that take place are accurate and true.




The year is 1980 and Robert Smith has lived a long full life. In fact he has lived longer than he should have for someone of his character. Being in a hospital bed for the last five years was starting to take its toll. He was a tired old man with a secret, one that he would probably take to his grave.

The night shift had just started at the nursing home where Robert lived and his favorite nurses aide had just walked in. A pretty girl with a nice figure and long raven hair tied in a pony tail that fell past her waist. Mary was still in high school and one of the brightest students in her senior year. Making sure that the old man was comfortable she made a little small talk with him as usual.

“So Robert, how have you been today?”

“Not to bad for an old man I guess. What about you, how was school?”

“It was O.K. We got an assignment in history that I really want to do but I'm not sure if I should.”

“If it was assigned to you then why would there be any question about it?”

“It's the subject of the assignment that I'm not sure of. We have to write a report about someone in history that really interests us.”

“Well isn't there anyone that fits that description for you?”

“Yes sir, and that's the problem.”

“I don't understand Mary. How could that be a problem?”

“Because I want to do my report about you.”

“Me? There isn't anything interesting about me. Why on earth would you want to write a report about an old man like me?”

Mary gave him one of her looks that could chill ice water.

“Don't give me that, Robert. You have lived a life that most people would love to have lived.”

“I really don't know what you are talking about Mary.”

“Don't lie to me Mr. Lynch. Yes, I know who you really are and no I have never told anyone.”

The old man gave a long sigh and his eyes gave the appearance of someone that was very cold and calculating.

“How long have you known and why didn't you say anything?”

“I've known for about a year now and I didn't say anything because it wasn't my secret to tell.”

“And you are sure that no one else knows?”

“Not a soul.”
“Then if you can keep the secret you shall have your report and more.”

Mary's eyes lit up with the possibilities of her report being more than what she expected.

“Just what do you mean by more?”

“I mean, if you can keep people from finding out who I am then I will tell you everything. I will tell you things that no one has ever known about me or been able to prove.”
© Copyright 2014 R. G. Hosman (rghosman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999103-The-Eddie-Lynch-Chronicals