*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999139-Khari-Kamai
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Anup
Rated: E · Chapter · Children's · #1999139
A story of 3 kids who start a Postal service in summer to pay for a friends school fee
Khari Kamai

("Khari Kamai" means "True Earnings" in Hindi)



Chapter I: The start of an adventure



Sarah calmly walked up to Miss Masters and submitted her papers. She generally waited till the bell rang, reading and rereading until she was satisfied with herself. But today was different, it was the very last one. And as she walked out she saw Joe. He had given his papers a few minute before and was frantically stuffing his bags with his pad and pencil box while he looked up and smile. Everything around was so dull and normal except for the smile. It was so contagious. It was the only thing that matched the excitement in Sarah’s heart. Sarah broke out into a smile too, which soon became a giggle and then it broke out into laughter. Both Sarah and Joe tried real hard to control it but it wouldn’t stop.... the empty corridor echoed with their stammering laughter. Well, Miss Masters didn’t mind it for she felt so much like the kids herself, after all it was the last exam for the year.

Unlike Joe and Sarah, Ginny did wait till the last bell to ring, reading and reading her History paper. She generally was never satisfied with herself. As she walked out she said, “Paper was easy, na! I’m only not sure of the chronological-orderwala question but the rest was pretty easy.” Both Joe and Sarah ignored her comment completely, their mind were already thinking of all the fun stuff they were about to do this summer.

“Let’s go get some gola” said Joe and even before the other two could reply in the affirmative he was sprinting out the corridor. Sarah and Ginny followed him with the same smile on their faces and calling out to him to slow down. They ran past the Small Gate into the narrow street, which was jammed with people and vehicles. Cars parked on either sides of the narrow lane of parents wanting to collect their children, School buses waiting and honking, auto rickshaws and excited kids like these three. They dodged all that was on the street with that wild smile still on their faces. Joe was right in front looking back once in a while and sticking out his tongue at the other two and could see the them stick theirs back at him.

© Copyright 2014 Anup (menon.anup at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999139-Khari-Kamai