*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999462-Strength-in-Weakness
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1999462
Weakness may be described as strength when it means to surrender unto the will of God.

STRENGTH IN WEAKNESS


Strength Denotes Ability; and Weakness, Inability

Strength is simply defined in ability to accomplish a task while weakness is revealed simply in our inability. With our physical, spiritual, financial, technical and many other forms of strength available to man, so many tasks are already accomplished while several others, because of our weaknesses are yet to be realised.

There is limit to every man's ability, but one is rated stronger than the other when an outstanding performance is observed.

Strength is a possession with which one fight victoriously against his enemies.

When strength is not in place and one is weak, enemy takes charge of the situation.


Judges 16:19-21,

"And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him.

And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him.

But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house"


Samson was the epitome of strength as recorded in the bible. Physically, strength was demonstrated at different levels in his life. He accomplished a lot of tasks physically with strength. However, in spite of all his achievement, he could not escape the trap of his enemies. He lost his life in their hand.

Looking at the story of Samson therefore, we will understand that, there is a limit to all we can achieve as a man when we depend solely on our strength.

1 Samuel 2:9, "For by strength shall no man prevail"

Samson was trapped by his enemies but at the end, he remembered that God was the source of his strength, he cried unto Him in humility, the strength was restored once again and he killed more people in his death than he did in his life.


God is the Giver of Strength

No man was born a supernatural being; notwithstanding how strong he appears physically, spiritually, financially, technically and otherwise, there is a limit to his ability. God is the One with whom there is no limit to His strength and ability. He is the Almighty God. He rules from eternity to eternity.

Psalm 68:32-35,

"Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth; O sing praises unto the Lord; Selah:

To him that rideth upon the heavens of heavens, which were of old; lo, he doth send out his voice, and that a mighty voice.

Ascribe ye strength unto God: His Excellency is over Israel, and His strength is in the clouds.

O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God"


However, man is allowed to partake of God's divine nature when he receives and believes that Jesus is the son of God.

John 1:12, "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name"



Grace to the weak

The word strength and weakness are two words that are well known for their opposition. But, in 2 Corinthians 12:9, Jesus said to Paul "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness".

Weakness therefore lost its secular meaning in this scriptural context and it's now interpreted as strength and vice versa.

But, one important thing to note is the fact that Jesus made mention of grace after which strength and weakness became an issue.

The ingredients that made up His grace include salvation, redemption, sanctification and justification in which strength is given to man as a result of partaking in the divine nature of God.

When His grace is sufficient towards a man, no matter how difficult the task may be, His strength (ability) becomes our reality when we acknowledge our weakness (inability) to actualise the task and surrender it unto Him. 1 Peter 5:5, "For God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble"

When man refuses to acknowledge the supremacy of God in His son Jesus Christ, such a man lack the divine grace of God and as a result, the strength therefore becomes weakness.


© Copyright 2014 Mr Perfect (perfectho at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999462-Strength-in-Weakness