*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999646-Prompt-8-Taurus
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1999646
Mr. McPhearson shows a paternal side.
(w/c: 366)

         Typing the boring report to be presented to the Zoo Planning Committee, no one could categorize Angela as anything but industrious and stable.
         Making numerous copies of the report she put them in a box to carry into the conference room.
         “Mr. McPhearson, here is the report and copies to be given to the committee members.” Placing the box on the table behind the conference table, Angela turned around to see her boss turning toward her. While he was listening to someone on his mobile phone, he motioned for her to take a seat at the conference table.
         “Angela, you are coming to the charity event this weekend, yes?” He asked as he placed the mobile phone back inside his jacket.
         With her cheeks turning pink “yes, I am.”
         “That is good. Who are you bringing with you?” Mr. McPhearson adjusted his tie and secured it with the emerald tie clip. He was a large man with a bull neck.
         “Roger asked me to accompany him.” Angela replied.
         Mr. McPhearson tried to cover his grimace. “Angela, how well do you know Roger?”
         “Not too well. He found me one day taking my lunch at the goat exhibit and we talked some. A few days later he stopped by my office to ask me to go to the charity ball. He can be quite the charmer.”
         “Although you’re one of many assistants, I would like to include you in my inner circle, like family. You have a patient and gentle nature. Easily to be manipulated by someone who does not have your best interests at heart.” He said picking up Angela’s hand.
         “That is very loving and kind of you Mr. McPhearson.” Angela tried to extract her hand from his grip, this conversation was making her uncomfortable.
         “I met Roger several months ago while trying to procure Leo’s husbandry talent. Roger is the best animal handler I’ve met and he is charismatic. It is because of that charisma, I just want to caution you to be careful. I know he can be persistent when reaching for a goal.” He squeezed her hand before letting go of it.
© Copyright 2014 GaelicQueen (gaelicqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999646-Prompt-8-Taurus