*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999887-Blood-is-meant-to-circulate
Rated: · Essay · Educational · #1999887
A persuasive essay to encourage people to donate blood voluntarily.
                                                Blood is meant to circulate. Pass it around

                  “Tears of a mother cannot save her child. But your blood can.” -Unknown

                  Blood donation is the essence of the lives of human beings since man came into life form. The foundation of blood donation was laid when our forefather Adam committed sin disobeying the God’s determination. An animal was sacrificed and its blood was shed for the atonement of human. This reveals that blood donation is really very essential for the human beings to be alive as the sacrifice of the animal gave a new life to man.

                  Blood circulates through our bodies constantly and keeps us alive and healthy. When the circulation is cut off, one dies at the spot. It can be concluded that a person lives for as long as his/her blood circulates. Same is the case with the world we are living in. According to Paulo Coelho- a Brazilian author, we humans are the soul of the world and it’s alive because we are breathing. It grows because the process of evolution takes place in the lives of human beings. When that growth would discontinue, the world would die. Our veins collectively become the heart of the world. The blood in the heart must be constantly pumped and scattered through the entire framework of the gigantic world. In other words, the blood must be transferred from one individual to the other. This transfer keeps the world healthy and alive.

            “You are not to eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood.” (Holy Bible)

                    The process of transfusion can only be done through donating blood. As explained above, the heart of the world constitutes the veins of its inhabitants. When the blood is not in motion, it clots. This clotting can cause serious consequences like the destruction of the entire planet. To keep the blood in motion, it must keep flowing. It can be done only through donation. In this way, it doesn’t remain at rest. Instead it’s always in motion as it moves from one person to the other. We donate blood to some other person whose life is at risk. In this way, blood is transferred from one individual to the other and a cycle of life is created which keeps the blood of the whole world circulating and ultimately, causing the planet to be healthy.

                      When someone truly loves himself and the mankind; he/she becomes the evidence of this love by helping others. We can help others in several possible ways on top of which is by donating blood. Blood donation is a kind act as well as our social responsibility which shows the warmth of sympathy, care and love. It gives a sense of satisfaction and prosperity to the donor and gives a new life to the recipient. A number of people owe their lives to the ones they will never see or talk to in their lives. These are the people who received the blood, when their life was in intimidation. The donors should really be considered as the heroes of the nation as they donate blood without the greed of any reward. Although, they don’t go to borders to be part of the wars, neither do they join political parties for the betterment of nation but they do what no one else could. They save the lives of fellow-beings.

                  “And whoever saves one – it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.” (Al-Quran)

                        The role of blood in a living creature is unique. The different components of blood have different activities to perform. Red Blood Cells (RBCs) transport oxygen throughout the body, White Blood Cells (WBCs) constitute body’s immune mechanism, Platelets helps in stopping bleeding and plasma transports proteins including anti-bodies. Nothing is comparable to the preciousness of human blood. In spite of the rapid and remarkable conquests of medical science today, there is no laboratory that manufactures blood. It is only the bodies of human beings that produce and circulate blood. If any person requires blood to save his life, sharing from other beings is the only choice. Donation is the only way of accumulating blood at safe storage to meet the needs in case of an emergency. Blood donation costs us nothing but it can save many precious lives.

                        Fear of needles, ache, sight of blood, objection from parents, future ailments, fear of possible ill effects, illiteracy and many other factors are involved which affect the will power of donors and they hesitate in donating blood. But one should not care for these minor things and should always be ready to help the needy. What else could satisfy a person more than saving someone’s life? Today’s donor may be tomorrow’s recipient, too. The blood he’s donating today may also be used by him when he needs it. If the blood is not donated, many lives might be lost for want of blood. As the need of blood is increasing rapidly, so the amount of donated blood must increase too.

                          Blood donation is harmless and safe. We don’t lose anything by donating blood but can save lives. Some people are afraid of the aftermath of donating blood. They think that they would get infections; they might be exposed to fatal diseases like HIV and other contagious diseases. These myths and misconceptions should be made clear by educating people as much as possible. Campaigns and events regarding blood donation should be held frequently to make people aware of the importance of transfusion and how they can save millions of lives by just donating a part of their blood. It is our utmost and foremost responsibility to be a helping hand for those who are in need. Therefore, the most generous and biggest ever contribution to mankind is blood donation.

                          LINK TEXT HERE -Unknown

© Copyright 2014 SilentScream (ishamital at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999887-Blood-is-meant-to-circulate