*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999911-My-name-is-Sam
by Jen
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Children's · #1999911
of a boy whose name is made silly with his first name
Hello, my name is Sam and I can be quite the ham in school. I try not be the class clown because it only sends you to the principal's office. I can't resist being funny and making the other kids laugh. I'm glad I am Sam and such a ham, so that others see I'm no comedian just a boy who likes to be funny. They made a book of Dr. Seuss Green eggs and ham but that is not me the one who likes green eggs and ham. I'm just a boy who likes to be a ham in school. The teacher says, " Now, Sam this cannot be I will not tolerate you being funny in my class."  Sam knows there is a time for being a ham in school but this is not the time. If you have career day at school and want to be the class clown then make people laugh. You can get a job as a comedian on your own time, but school is for studying books and getting a education. Sam graduates from school then he can think about what he want's to do. Sam thinks being funny in school gets attention and friendship but it only gets him in trouble with detention. Sam may make goofy expressions and make his teachers mad, but the kids love it when he's a ham.  Comedy is great but its not a way to make a living  so stick to studying your books and getting a better education. Sure, you could make a couple of hundred dollars in a comedy act but that is not the way to start. Sam stick to graduating from school and maybe doing a comedy act on the side, and you could then be funny.
© Copyright 2014 Jen (blueeyes50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999911-My-name-is-Sam