*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000544-Touched-By-an-Angel
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #2000544
Should read it and find out more
ANGEL OF DEATH


Rowing my boat towards the dark tunnel as I wondered what I would do with my life. My whole life has been a mess; I have never done anything to be proud of. Sometimes this makes me wonder why are we living, what's the sole purpose if one day we're going to die? Is there a God really? And if he is there why would He want to create us and then send some of us to hell? I mean before he created you, he knew your fate, why would he then let you exist if you won't listen to a word he says? And if God is a merciful God why would let this entire conflict take place in the world? Why would he give Satan powers to control some of the things that happen in the universe?

The tunnel was so dark one could barely see anything, that was my life. I had no direction, not knowing where I came from and where I am headed to. I felt like I had no family no friends, the worst thing, this evening I was dying all alone. There was no one to share this grief moment with, not even my pet dog. I had given up on everything. I no longer desired to live again. Inside my pocket was a well folded letter which was about two paragraphs. The letter was containing some kind of philosophy I had developed over the period I have lived.  Inside the boat there was a thick rope a bottle of scotch and  a pistol revolver, this was how it was going end up. I took every sip, as I contemplated how and where I will do it.

I was looking for freedom, freedom that no one else could explain not even me.  It was freedom to eternity, a place of no sorrows. My journey had come to a stop. I had found a perfect spot where all this would go down. I took one big sip and then took the thick rope which was 8 meters and hanged it on a tree that was nearby the stream. I removed my trench coat and the cap I was wearing. I tied the rope on my neck and took the gun, ready for action. 1, 2, 3.........1 ....2..... The song kept on playing inside my head, it was this particular moment where I realized death is not something anyone would wish for. It was painful and sad to undergo all this torture. I could not stop thinking how it was painful. Thoughts raced through my mind and in a split of a second I was suspended in the air. With my feet kicking the air as I grasped for oxygen. I let go of the gun and started struggling to get off  the rope. It was that moment that I realized death was not what I wanted, and I had made a bad choice which was now irreversible. I prayed to God the last time even though I didn't actually believe in Him, Suddenly there was a flash light. An Angelic figure appeared to me and cut off the rope. I fell down right inside my boat staring in disbelief, and then in a blink of an eye he was gone. Since then my life has taken a different turn.





© Copyright 2014 Derrick Hill (josephmungai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000544-Touched-By-an-Angel