*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000846-Philosophy-101
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Philosophy · #2000846
Chapter 4 - Also with some autobiographical information
PHILOSOPHY 101


Chapter 4


Reality 3:

What is reality made of?  Everything, of course.  OK - so what is everything made of?  Hmmm.  Where to start.  There was a hell of a lot of stuff in that reality box.  Well, let's see what maybe it all has in common.  Everything  I see can be broken down into parts.  Everything can be broken down into something which is related to something else, (parts).  Unless someone can come up with something that can't be broken  into something else, or at least broken in half, by my hand, or my mind, or by teeny tiny little scissors, I contend that everything is related to something else.  However, keep in mind, think about it a lot, we will go over it again and again, paradoxically, reality is ultimately one 'thing', unity, a unit.  Mind has tried  to intuit this many times in the past, but the minds that have tried haven't done a very good job at describing what they were trying to say.  As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if they were describing anything at all like what I'm trying to describe.

Definitions:  Intuit - Using intuition
Intuition - A non-linguistic tool of mind which people who do not
understand can't possibly believe is real.

I guess we need some examples.  Start breaking stuff up into parts and see what we end up with.  OK.  Matter is easy.  Physicists have been telling us what matter is made up of ever since there have been physicists, and physicists have been around ever since there have been philosophers, and philosophers have been around ever since there have been people, and probably even longer than that, (depending on your definition of 'people').  But - sometims physicists change their minds.  Don't worry though, we'll get it right the first time.  Start with an apple.  Cut it in half and throw away one half, ( or eat it if you wish).  Now you have half an apple, ( not counting the other half in your stomach).  Now - squeeze it and break it up and tear a little piece off.  Now you have a little piece of an apple.  All the little pieces of an apple, when interrelated in a certain way becomes a 'real' apple.  Everyone take their little piece of apple and tear off smaller pieces - just get the tiniest piece you can.  This is too time consuming and my fingers are are getting so sticky that I can't handle these teensy pieces at all,  so we'll just take the chemists and physicists word for the fact that there are smaller pieces than these stuck all over my hands.  Molecules, atoms, sub-atomic particles - they keeping looking for smaller pieces and keep finding them.  I have a feeling - as they keep getting better at it they'll keep finding smaller and smaller pieces.  Some physicists get confused though and try to say that these aren't really pieces at all.  Some claim that they're waves or strings or fields, (to these I say - revisit your definition of definitions.)  For our purposes we can just think of them as pieces, particles.  I'll probably get around to writing something more scientific later, but this should be easier for most people to understand, and this is probably the way most theoretical physicists think about it anyway.  Where was I?  Yes, what is really annoying to me is that physicists have broken our apple up into small pieces, such small pieces, that according to any logical definition, the pieces aren't really there anymore.  How can you discover particles that aren't really there?  (Hint:  Depends on your definition of really)

Another hint:  Discover and Create are synonyms.  The ultimate particle!  No mass, no properties, but all it takes is a couple of handfulls and a smart enough physicist, who can put something back together after he has taken it apart, to see how it works, and voila! - - - It's an apple again!  (Remember - I say it it isn't an apple AGAIN - it's STILL an apple.)  Don't give up!  Keep thinking!

Some physicists think they have found these ultimate particles, and many more think they are getting close.  For ease of discussing them with you I'm going to call them "relons".  A relon is an infinitely small particle whose only property is, that an infinite number of these particles relate together in a specific configuration to create, no not exactly create, to BE, everything that's real.  We already know what reality encompases.  I see I'm going to have to write a lot more about infinity before you're going to understand all of this.  So think about infinity - Oh, and think about mind too and all that other non-matter part of reality.  We have to see what that's made of too.  (Hint:  Gonna be RELONS!)

The Evolution Of The Self (By The Self) Through The Perusal Of Great Literature


I know - a cumbersome title - just an affectation caused by the effect of thinking about the subject.
I'm not sure when I realized everything I read was written about me.  At first I considered the possibility that these ideas were delusional or paranoid; that these ideas were 'wrong to have', or in some way 'bad'.  I've come to the conclusion that every one else should feel free to say whatever they wish about me and my abilities or disabilities.  I can't say whether others are right or wrong because I can't tell what they are really thinking by the words they choose.  However, I would prefer that they don't try to tell me what I should or shouldn't do.  You may have already noticed that one of my favorite phrases is:  'Mind your own business'.  Let's just leave the question of right/wrong or true/false with this:  In my current Frame of Reference, (FOR), which I am very happy with, most literature is VERY similar to various aspects of my life in this FOR and various other FORs.  This fact is NOT 'wrong', 'bad', 'untrue' or in any way pathological!  OK?  (Sorry - I just realized that I have yet to introduce the concept of FOR.  It will be explained eventually).

Now - my curent problem is a legal one.  I've been considering using some examples from other people's books, which I can prove are really about me.  Would this be plagiarism?  Could I be sued for copywrite violation?  If any legal experts are reading I would appreciate your input.  As usual I'm getting off my subject.

As I was saying:  I'm not sure when I realized everything I read was written about me.  (I find it fascinating that 'read' is both present and past tense, but I'm still tempted to write, 'read and or read' sometimes)  I think it was when I was reading about a man who was reading a book and realized that his life was unfolding exactly like the plot of the book.  He could then read ahead in the book and find out what was going to happen to him.  Every Boy Scout should have a book like that, the epitome of preparedness.  Well, that book didn't help me to be prepared because it had ALREADY happened to me!  This was puzzling.  It made me think.  I thought and I thought.  Then I started seeing patterns.  I started analyzing the books I read, (past and present).  A few I read when I was young and again when I was old.  Reading them now, when I'm old,  I can see that they describe my past.  Eureka!  I had read the book when I was young, before the action in the story had yet happened to me - I didn't know yet that it was going to happen.  I had to get old enough to have enough experience to be reading my past.  So now I can assume that if I ever read a book which is not my memoir, I can get prepared for the action to happen in the present! -- Or in the future!

Sadly, since I've come to this conclusion I haven't read many books that aren't about my past.  Is this a sign of my mortality?  Is this a sign that I don't have much of a future?  Nah ----It just means that my future is so unique and complex that not many authors are capable of defining it.  I did read a lot of science fiction when I was younger.  I continued reading a lot of science fiction as I got older.  I am still continueing to read a lot of science fiction as I continue to get older and older, (In this FOR, but lots of other things are going on in other FORs.)  None of the science fiction I read when young was part of my past.  Gradually more and more became biographies.  Even now, though, many are not biographies.  Some take place thousands of years in the future.  I have a feeling I'll be sharing a FOR with you for a long time to come.

I will probably be adding to this topic from time to time, in this book.  Come to think of it everything I write in this book will be on this topic, since this book is part of my autobiography, (What is the difference between a memoir and an autobiography?), my past and my future in the written word.  Everything actually IS in the present.  But stories are ABOUT the past or the future.

EVERYTHING IS INFINITELY INTERRELATED!

© Copyright 2014 Geoff (rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000846-Philosophy-101