*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000865-The-Clauses-Vacation-in-the-Bahamas
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2000865
Mr. and Mrs. Claus, set off to vacation in the Bahamas, but do they make it?
         "Mrs. Clause, are you ready to go warm your chilled bones in the bright, beautiful Bahamas?" Santa said, with a twinkle in his eye.

         Grabbing the pull-up handle on her flowered luggage and springing up on her sandaled-covered tiptoes, she planted a butterfly kiss on Santa's red nose. "Sunshine, here we come. Oh how I love July!"

         Sharing a broad smile, Santa reaches into his hawaiian shirt pocket, pulling out the magic controller. Flipping a switch, the mirror at the end of the hall, turns into a swirling collage of blues, casting a sensual glow upon the walls. Holding each other's hands, they step through the colorful opening of the teleportation mirror. Happy to leave the chill of the Northern Pole, behind.

         Screams and thunderous roaring assaulted their ears. Throwing their arms up and covering their heads, they quickly duck, trying to avoid the stampede of hysterical people sprinting in all directions. Grasping hands they run across the bow of the ship, finding temporary refuge underneath the metal staircase.

         "Santa, what happened? This is definitely not the Bahamas!"

         "No, it's not. I'm afraid we somehow ended up in the Bermuda Triangle!"

         Loud crackling noises filled the sky, while static hizzes bombarded their ears. The ocean beneath them begins to churn and swirl. A neon green light envelopes the ship. Giant walls of water surround them, as the ocean opens into an endless vortex. Like someone pulling the plug on the ocean, the massive ship is as helpless as a toy flushed down the toilet.

         Pinned against the cold metal of the staircase, Mr. Clause hung tightly to Mrs. Clause, while fighting hard to raise his hand to reach the controller in his front pocket. It was of no use, gravity was stronger, slamming his hand back onto the side of the metal staircase, like a giant magnet.

         A light so bright, they had to clinch their eyes shut, descended upon them. As if in a vacuum, an eerie silence now replaced the chaos which surrounded them just seconds ago. With a gentle thud, the boat came to a rest. Opening their eyes, rugged rocks and red sand filled their vision. A loud, booming voice shocked them out of their daze.

         "Ladies and Gentlemen, please do not panic. You have landed safely, and all will be explained. Please move slowly and safely to the emergency exits. Once on land, proceed to one of the multiple glass tube entrances. This will bring you to the underground check-in and process center.

         Reaching land, screams filled the air. The Clause's followed the fingers pointing up toward the horizon. They let out a loud gasp, as they see the bright blue beauty of Earth in stark contrast to the red skyline. Grabbing Mrs. Clause's hand, he leads her behind a nearby boulder. Reaching into his pocket, he pulls out the controller to the magic mirror, flips a switch and presses the enter button to the pre installed coordinates. Cold air hit their faces, as they land back on the North Pole. With a sigh of relief and shaking his head, Santa places the controller back into its locked box, declaring they will never, ever travel by magic mirror again!

(572 Words)


It's the middle of July, and Santa decides to go on a little vacation with Mrs. Claus. Where will they go? How will they get there? What happens while they are there? Short Story Only, 1000 words max.
© Copyright 2014 intuey of House Lannister (intuey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000865-The-Clauses-Vacation-in-the-Bahamas