*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2001628-the-plan
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #2001628
a contest entry

"Okay, here's the plan. We drive past the park, nice and slow, so that all your buddies can see you driving, then we swing by the fish shop. It is Tuesday and something always falls off the truck. Then we head back home. No one's the wiser and it will be a hoot!"

Cat made the final knot, tying two blocks of wood onto the dog's paws so he could reach the gas and brake.

"Pitter patter, let's get at her!" the cat sang as he jumped into the back seat.
The dog fumbled with the keys and started the car. They slowly made their way out the driveway.
Cruising past the dog park, all his friends were indeed impressed as the car circled the park. They ran along the fence, cheering their bold buddy who was waving to them from the driver's seat.

"Okay, nuff of dat", the cat said impatiently.." On to the fish shop, then home."

There was a parking spot right in front of the fish shop and the dog pulled in.
"Back in 2 secs." the cat called behind him as he made his way around the back of the shop.

Much more than 2 secs later, the cat came out from the alley, wiping his whiskers and saw the car was being towed. The dog looked mournfully out the window, as the car slowly moved away from the curb.

"Ooopsy," said the cat with a shrug and began the walk home
© Copyright 2014 zanzigirl (zanzigirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2001628-the-plan