*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2002104-The-Window
Rated: E · Assignment · Nonsense · #2002104
It was an assignment of a online class I took recently.
The window

I don’t have a good view from my window. Asphalt, public work and buildings are right in sight. Nothing beautiful to entice me to look outside. It is really ugly. Very awful. This makes think. Windows are due for a technological upgrade. Real technology upgrade, the geek style. I am thinking of useful amelioration to windows.

First, an integrated hologram system. It will hide the ugly exterior. It will do so with a bank of pictures. All it need is to choose one to be projected as an hologram. More power in choosing what to see. I will feel empowered in what I want to see anyway.

Another feature I would like to see is integrated store. It would work on the same basis as the transition(tm) glasses. No need to close the store manually when it is sunny outside. I am always for the right amount of sunlight entering my place. It may be a bit lazy but I never been in luck with my stores.

Windows are really good to see outside. We can see if it rain or if it snow. I would like to add a few things to that feature. It would be great if windows can detect the outside temperature. It would also gives suggestion to what to wear in accordance with the degree Celcius or Fahrenheit. No more need to go on the balcony to test the temperature.

Washing windows is a real pain. They aren’t always easily accessible. So, an option of auto-washing would be great! One less chore on the to do list. Next chore!

In French, there the word “défenestration”. It is used when someone goes out of a window. I find it a bit sad. I have heard this term on a few tramatic basis. It would be fun to have a force field integrated to the window. It just won’t be great if there is a fire, I guess. My suggestion is a bit cartoony. A contraption like a canopy to catch anything that got out of the window. It will guide it softly to the ground. No more ugly scene on the ground or tragic ending. No more miracle either. It will become more a routine incident.

It is all my ideas to improve windows. It would be great to choose these options as we choose the windows themselves. I would love to see those kind of choices!
© Copyright 2014 Weirdme Addams (pythie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2002104-The-Window