*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2003064-Christmas-Family-Traditions
by Amay
Rated: E · Other · Family · #2003064
Our Christmas Breakfast traditions have expanded to my son's in laws.
Christmas Morning Tradition


It seems to me, that many of our Christmas memories revolve around food. When the kids were young they would go spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house Christmas Eve. They would watch the Christmas Special on QVC with their grandparents and it would give my husband and I time to get everything ready for Christmas morning.
I always fixed two sweet breads for Christmas breakfast-Caramel Nut Ring and Sausage Bread.

When my oldest son left home, we knew he wouldn't be coming home for Christmas every year. (The Navy had other plans for the crew right around the holidays.) His girlfriend's family invited him to join them for the holidays so he wouldn't be alone so far from home.

I was shocked when he called and asked for the Sausage Bread recipe. He said they weren't too sure about it, but he baked it and took it anyway. Now it's a tradition in his wife's family too!

I wish I knew how to get in touch with the wonderful little lady that shared the recipe with me! Shirley Massey, she had a spit fire personality, a heart full of love, and one of the greatest first grade teachers I'd ever worked with, thank you for a great recipe that has become part of our Christmas traditions!

Sausage Bread

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1 pound Hot Sausage
1 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cup Sugar

Cream together, and then add:

2 Eggs


Stir in wet and dry ingredients alternately:
1 cup strong coffee                              3 cups Plain Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda                     1 teaspoon ginger
                                                            1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
                                                            1 teaspoon baking powder

Stir in:

1 - 1 1/2 cups chopped Pecans

Pour into a well greased 9 inch tube pan and bake at 350 degrees          for 1 1/2 hours.




Caramel Bundt Rolls

The night before:

1 package Rhodes frozen dinner rolls (36 count)

Arrange rolls in the bottom of a bundt pan or a 9x12 baking dish.                    

Sprinkle over rolls:

1 package Butterscotch Pudding (small size, not instant)
Chopped Pecans (if desired)

Melt:
6 Tablespoons Melted Butter

Mix with to the melted butter then pour over the rolls and          pudding:
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Tablespoon Cinnamon

Cover lightly with plastic wrap and let rise overnight.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25- 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and invert onto a lipped serving plate.

© Copyright 2014 Amay (amay5prm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2003064-Christmas-Family-Traditions