*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2003912-A-Good-Writer
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Community · #2003912
Can you tell me what defines a good writer?
What defines a good writer?

Is it someone who can put the most weight on his words? Is it that guy that always makes people laugh or cry, or has people easily experience any emotion intended? I would say that is what makes a writer good. He had better be able to persuade me to his way of thinking, or I won't read what he writes. Plain and simple. I don't care what anyone says unless they agree with me, or I agree with them. Otherwise, I just get annoyed. Because what would the world come to if I was open-minded, and you were as well? Oh snap, I should have used the word 'excellent' instead of 'good' in my opening line... That would have really drawn in the crowds. That's what we all want: A crowd. I had better write what they want me to write if I ever intend for anyone to read my work. How many people didn't make it past the first line? "I know what a good writer is," they say. In modern times, writing isn't about what you say, it's about how you say it. The guy writing for a good cause had better have perfect diction. I hate to be so harsh, but I won't read what you write if it's not perfect.

You see, the problem with perfect, is that perfect doesn't exist. You have to cover the writing in a beautiful, shiny, sugar coating, and there can't be any flaws. If only we the people knew that sugar is bad for us, and the world would be a much better place if everyone was a good writer.

Kody Cross
© Copyright 2014 Kody Cross (kodycross at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2003912-A-Good-Writer