*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2005332-One-True-Hope
Rated: E · Prose · Biographical · #2005332
Dark secrets to goals and success
Every day that I am alive I realize more and more that no one actually knows what they are doing. We are all pretending. He earns, keeps, and shares his truths, and they may be static, but hopefully, they will be ever changing. The one true hope is that the mind is kept open long enough to question one's own beliefs, one's own values, and one's own truths. Your gut will give you one piece of information at a time, and it is the mind's responsibility to continually examine and digest and improve upon these isolated feelings in real time, in the real world. When I was young, I believed, without a shadow of a doubt, that which the world forced upon me. I knew success existed because I was told when I succeeded. Now, I know success has never existed; success is how other people will define you. Success is merely a word, a phrase, an award that is bestowed upon you by people who's beliefs simply cannot be the same as yours. They have decided their truths, and they have granted themselves their own vision, and they have exacted your specific place in the universe in order to prevent chaos from reigning. Now, I know chaos reigns because I see it. The word, even the written, scientific, mathematical facts are slave to point of view and word choice. And certain words are weighted differently amongst everyone, even weighted differently between the person who talks and writes and the person who listens and reads. We're all working towards a goal, and that goal is different. That goal is merely a weighted word. These words are free; you'll give them your own weight, and I've already given them mine. Keep an open mind. Learn more than words. Question everything.
© Copyright 2014 bobxdarker (bobxdarker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2005332-One-True-Hope