*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2005413-History-and-Culture-of-Greece-in-brief
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Article · History · #2005413
Refers to Greece and it's history-culture, focusing on Christian Religion.
Greece is one of the most ancient countries of the world, famous from ancient years: Greece has a history in whole of round 5000 years before Christ. Thus round 5000 yrs B.C Greece was resided by the so called ''Pre-hellenic folks, who lived in today Macedonia, north part of Greece, origin of Alexander the Great (365-332 B.C approximately).

Many other tribes came to Greece, and split throughout country in small nations-countries, like Sparta, Theba, Aegean islands (Eolian who came from Minor Asia) and Ions, also far inside Minor Asia.-In Crete, Minos were a bit different 'tribe' and believed to be a different nation than all the others, but due geographical position, they were absorbed from the rest of Greece..

Athens-state, had been the most well known country-state for many centuries, 6th-4th century approximately.Known for the center of Democracy of that time, spiritual culture, where Philosophy developed mostly, with philosophers like Socrates, -founder of 'One Single God'' first, after Pantheon of Ancient Greeks of that time. In the rest of country, like Aegean islands,(where Eolian immigrated residing Lesbos today, third island of Greece in size, and one of the most beautiful and important islands of Greece, ideal for tourism and culture till nowaday..).

-After birth of Christ and one century later almost, Apostle Paul preached Gospel in Greece, so that Greeks were the first who became Christian. Ever since, the official Religion has remained Christianity, whole most of its later culture was based on this religion. Institutions, costumes, and tradition for generations, were supported by Greek Orthodox Church for centuries. Greek Church of all eras and circumstances contributed to Greek state and nation by far, in all terms.(Financial aid, education, family), and today culture and social status that dictates democracy of today already resulted to a large extent from Greek Church and its help as well as Christian faith of Greek people.

Today, Greeks are still keeping their language alive as well as religion, in difficult financial times, as economic crisis of today. While, all major roots of ancient culture and science (Eolian-Ions of Minor Asia) are combined with culture and spirit of today.

Greece is one of the most beautiful countries and interesting places for above reasons still today. People are very kind, generous and polite, investing local tradition and mentality in tourist spirit. All islands are wonderful, with nice beaches, romantic sunsets, as well as night life and cheap prices in most of them. There is also variety of countryside and culture in the continental Greece. People are more traditional there, due mountains and valleys, but there are also wonderful places to visit any season during the year.

Today, Greece with crisis is striving on equal terms from its side, to all other countries of the world hit from crisis, and Thank God, People and many..Politicians of today, social cohesion is kept...
© Copyright 2014 Bettie26 (rkat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2005413-History-and-Culture-of-Greece-in-brief