*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2005630-Past-and-Futire
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #2005630
Our past has everything to do with our present and future.
Past and Future

If one looks at ones past they are also looking ahead into ones future. For without knowing it we bring past experiences into our today's. Decisions are made by looking back and weighing who we are today based on what we did then. I know that what decisions I make now are in part pieces from various decisions, people who have come into my life and the situations I have had to deal with. All have a part of who I am today.

If we look back in history we see an innocent lamb which was slain for us today. A shepherd in search of lost sheep years ago is also in the future finding us. Jesus our Lord and Savior knew the end from the beginning. He knew when we would fail and yet also knew we would base our salvation upon a decision he made over 2,000 years ago which would lead us to his saving grace and salvation. So the past is very important to our future decisions. Without the sacrifice there would be no salvation. Without salvation there would be no future.  So if you think your today is the end you need to look back at the beginning and see what has brought you to today. We are all part of something better, brighter, hopeful if we simply take the time to pay heed to our past.

We have a future of things hoped for and things not yet seen. But if we look over our shoulder we can see the amazing possibilities by learning from our biblical past. We can see that nothing was impossible for David who started as a shepherd boy but who became a great king. Jesus who was born in a stable but now sits on a throne in heaven. Who gave up his life for you and for me so we could have a future with Him in heaven. Moses who was raised a prince made a fateful decision to murder a man, but would become a deliverer of a nation. So your past and future are one in the same. For without a past how will you know what is possible in your future?

Our past and our present are all in the hands of our loving Savior and King. He holds all of it in the palm of his hand. He sifts it and shakes out the harmful but leaves the needful parts to make us whole, healed and delivered. Won't you give it all to Him he knows it all anyway for nothing is hidden from Him. Allow the gentle breeze of the spirit to blow away the chaff and leave the solid, useful needed parts and begin to build on them. Take the Lord's hand and let Him lead you into your future and help you fulfill the dreams and visions He has given you. Won't you give it all to Him?
By: MaryAnna Hunt

© Copyright 2014 brnagn51 (maryanna51 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2005630-Past-and-Futire