*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2006516-Bloody-Hallways--Decrepit-Yesterdays
Rated: 18+ · Lyrics · Dark · #2006516
whenever I have felt down, I would just write something like this.
          I'm stuck in the fast lane, runaway, going straight to hell.

Been a long road and even harder fall. A punishment of sorts, this, I guess you could call.

All the things I did to you, was that the cause of it all?

Let me burn well, at least I still have my padded cell.

There's not enough room in this straight-jacket. Puke blood in the sweat lodge, how long can you hack it? I'm not going anywhere, why the fuck can't you see? I've been here long before you like a fucking disease.

They will crown me before they burn me. Your power is nothing over kind like me. I fight for what I love. Pursue my escape, take a leap of faith and follow me back to my place.

Light bulbs fizzle in and out, to make me scream, shout, and push everyone out. How did I get this far? Is it time for Lucifer to meet me at the bar? What's it going to take to prove what I did was just a ruse? A false attempt to fit where I don't shit.

Burning loved ones hang before me. Amidst a sea of sobs and spit, to fight for love is where I stand. A body count behind me, draped and displayed in the streets. The voiceless I represent.

It's time to make choices at the brink of demise. What shall I say to provoke your mind? "God is dead", "We are already dead"? Have one in mind? Oh, just too many kinds.

Too much I've let inside my mind. Corrupting and burning everything in sight. Clouding up my judgment, tearing out my insides. Breathing life into nightmares only found behind these eyes.

I'm still a stranger who has lived in lies. Forgetting why I could never say goodbye, spent too much time decaying inside. The time is nigh for my battle-cry.

Pen and paper is my only known home. Pushing me on into the grey unknown. I can't predict the future and refuse to relive the past. I know there's something more out there, just beyond asylum glass.
© Copyright 2014 Mad Milo (knucklehead_91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2006516-Bloody-Hallways--Decrepit-Yesterdays