*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2006588-Our-Secret-Chord
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Inspirational · #2006588
The secret chord we play to please the Lord.
"I heard there was a secret chord that David played to pleased the Lord......" In my view I believe we all have our own secret chord that we play every day of our lives to please the Lord. The chord that is branded in our heart and soul.The chord that make us who we are and how God sees us in our everyday lives.



Some of us may sing a sweet tune to him and praise and worship him with everything they have. That is a rare chord we will find in today`s world. Some of these chords are broken or are shattered. The shattered would look up to him with sadness and some of them do blame the Lord for what is happening in their lives. That chord is fixable We need to tune that special chord back to how it was before and the there will be light for us to follow.



There are some of us who have never heard the sweet tune. The tune is a strange voice they hear. It is sweet but at the same time frightening. It`s frightening because that tune is the way towards the light that will lit up your heart and bring your soul at ease. Bring the soul at ease from all the worries we face in our lives. Because that chord is ours alone and no one can replace or imitate it. That is the secret chord we play for a place in Heaven.



There are some of us who turn a deaf ear towards the tune that comes out from inside our heart because we are scared that if we do listen to it, we will change and sometimes change is not good. Change the heart and the ways of living will change. They are scared to change their paths lest they lose their friends or lose their identity.



I wrote this because the song Hallelujah was in my mind and the thought came to mind that I heard the tune a long time back but I was scared to response to it because I realised that I will lose my path of living and will have to choose. I did not choose it, I shun it instead.



But now as I move slowly in my live with the low tune in my heart, I could feel that I need not change my ways or change anything that I was. All I need was a change of heart. The heart is all you need to be loyal and faithful to and your secret chord will find its way to where it belong.

© Copyright 2014 Jacqueline (jnengnong at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2006588-Our-Secret-Chord