*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2006898-PEOPLE
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #2006898
Whether you do good or bad, you will be judged anyway
One of the obvious qualities of the humankind is on how quick and often we make judgement on other people. It becomes customary for us to criticize others without considering our own imperfections. Funny that we find it very easy to see the flaws of others instead of seeing their rather good sides. This may rooted from envy, jealousy, intimidation, resentment and a few other things. As what Shannon L. Alder quoted: “Often those that criticize others reveal what he himself lacks.” We were not born by making ourselves feel better by trying to hurt and having the right to judge others. It is true that we should think of other people "more" and less of ourselves. "Thinking of other people more" in the sense that you become selfless,an act by which putting the welfare of others instead of yourself first and not by making oneself superior and appear faultless. I would not deny the fact that I myself would sometimes judge people (but other times it's the other way around). As I grow older I have become observant of my surroundings and of the people I've gone to work with. Through them I learned to create my own opinion towards things and people, depending on whether it appears to be a negative or a positive viewpoint. People differs on how they judge something or someone under certain circumstances. For instance, on a singing contest. Who appears to be the best for one of the judges might not be good enough for the other. A person might act distant and reserved, but that doesn't mean he/she is anti-social. It could mean being alone makes him/her find more happiness than being with the crowd. Just because a man is always drunk doesn't mean he's an alcoholic. He might be going through a lot of pain and he has nobody to turn to. Sometimes the way we see things and observe others is contrary to what they actually are. We only see things but we never know every story behind those things. Just as long as a person doesn't hurts and offends anybody, I believe that nothing is wrong about criticizing others specially when somebody made a sound judgement and a constructive criticism is being stated. More often than not, the way a person judged someone described who they are as a person instead of the one they are criticizing.

I believe that everybody can be great in their own way. There's no point of making oneself superior over one another. We were all created equal, regardless of our religion, beliefs, social status and race. If only people treat others the way they want to be treated everybody can live in harmony. If only people sees the good sides of others more, they might create a friendship. If only people values humanity, everybody will end up caring for each other. We should all simply strive in becoming a better person to create a better world.♥♥♥
© Copyright 2014 sagittarian (luisagamelanie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2006898-PEOPLE