*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2007100-Lesson-5-assignment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #2007100
assignment for lesson 5 of "Charting the Seas of WdC" New Horizons Academy Class.
1) How do I find a group or forum that interests me?
Go to "browse by type" and click on either "forum" or "group". depending on what you'd want, search for something that interests you in the search bar.

2) What are some of the types of forums and how are they used?

There are activity forums (auctions, raffles), contest forums, debate forums, gaming forums, promotion forums, social forums, and many more.

3) When I find a group I like, how do I join it?
Usually there will be a specific set of instructions on the group page that you can follow in order to gain access to membership. If not, you can contact the person in charge

4) Please tell me how to get into a Chat Room.
Go down to "writing.com tools" and click "chat". A new window will pop up with rules/terms and conditions of the chatroom. Once you click "accept" you will get in.

5) What are some of the benefits of using the Chat Room?
You can use it to meet new people, or save your email space. The Chat Room can be used with any sort of paid membership and you can tell your friends to meet you there and you can all chat, instead of group emailing.

6) What are some of the downfalls?
It doesn't work with all browsers.

7) What to do think is the best way to meet and make new friends on WdC? Why?
I think it's just easiest to get involved and team up with people to run events or groups. Why? Because... Because when you get involved, you meet more people, and chances are, in that pool of people there will be somebody you'd like to befriend. *Bigsmile* When you team up with people, you get to learn more about them, and then you'll end up discussing more than just what your assigned task is. Also, if you accidentally IM someone, you can meet new people. Someone accidentally IMed me and I responded. We have meaningful conversations about cute guys now. *Delight*
© Copyright 2014 Dragon is hiding (flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2007100-Lesson-5-assignment