*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2007802-Misplaced-Trust
Rated: E · Other · Mystery · #2007802
How well do we know our family, or anyone?
{

Sara decided it was time. Time to go back home to the coastal town of Wanchese. A small fishing town on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. With her father's passing she wanted to be with family.
She hadn't seen Michael, Robbie, or Janie. Her half brothers and sister since she was 15. Leaving the desert town of Las Vegas
wasn't hard to do now since she had no other family there. The only regret was Jake. He had been good for her. She cared about him, but she wasn't sure how much.
Putting Jake aside for now, Sara wondered how her family would react to seeing her again. Were they going to be happy to see her? Especially since the three of them never left home and ended up working for the same deep sea fishing and boat excursion company.
Their mother had been in and out of a mental hospital most of her life and Sara never knew her. Though her brothers and sister did have that misfortune. Luckily they were taken in by an aunt and uncle after their mothers death.
Sara's father always told her she was blessed to have her mother's long brown hair and green eyes, but not her illness.
She was grateful.
As she waited on the two hour ferry ride, she couldn't wait to surprise them. Being all together again was something she'd wanted the last nine years since her father took her away. Surely they would feel the same.
_____________________________
TBC. Is Sara's family as sane as she is, or have one or more of them inherited their mothers mental instability?
© Copyright 2014 Anne M. (wannabwrtr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2007802-Misplaced-Trust