*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2007975-lesson-2-diagram
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Assignment · Other · #2007975
Diagram a story
Drawing a Diagram



At this point, the complexity of developing a good story line really begins to expand.  If a writer were to analyze it, he/she might chart the story line on a piece of paper.  I will use the "Real Steel" screen play example to explain.

1. Synopsis of Story: A woman in her 20's in the early 1900 wants to be a journalist. She sets off to get the stories of miners in eastern Oregon. She finds her culture is in question and faces  the bigotry toward those who share her nationality.

2. Sketch of Central Character: She is of Scottish and Chinese decent. She sets off to prove herself as a journalist and an independent woman.  She is forced to face racism and write about it. She ends up becoming involved in a drug running and an abusive situation. She becomes a stronger more determined woman.


3.  CC’s Wants Needs and Desires:  She starts out wanting to prove she is a good journalist and finds she has a different story to tell.

4.  Life Changing Event: She discovers her father has been paying her way into society and the men can no longer be bought. She has no prospects and must find her own way. Running away to do a series of articles the Editor of the Portland paper as tentatively agreed to print she finds herself in a dangerous situation where she almost dies.  This gives her a new outlook and subject to write about.

.
© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2007975-lesson-2-diagram