*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008143-Preqell-to-Be-preparred
by Bdog00
Rated: · Other · Other · #2008143
The story of why the dads incarcerated in the first place.
        Its about 1 year after his son is born, we live in the slums of Chicago. I have a job but it isn't enough to support 3 people, me , my wife, and my newborn son. I needed money or else my son would probably die from the poor conditions of which he was in. I decided to turn to crime. As I sit here in the back of the CPD car if I could have redone the past 20 years of my life I would do it differently. We got by with the money we had but my wife and my on deserve better than that. I guess it my fault though for dropping out of high school which led me to my first felony, when I tried to steal a woman's purse. I didn't want to do it but I needed money just to feed myself. After 3 months in jail I had nowhere to go and I looked for someone to turn to. I turned to online dating. While on one of the multiple websites I was using I noticed a nice, attractive woman by the name of Jenny Craig. At the time I'll admit that I was only in love with her house and her money, and I thought that once I had enough money to live on my own I would end the relationship. Little did I know that she would become my wife later in life. Also I did not expect to have a child with her. Wait where was I? Oh yeah, so anyway I got in a relationship with this girl and after about two weeks of online talking we mutually decided that it was time to meet. She took me under her wing and she helped me get a job, it was around this time that I truly loved her. We rented an apartment in the slums of Chicago, because at this time she was pregnant. With her out of work It was the only place we could afford on my fixed income. We never had any extra money and even though Jenny might not have realized it I did. We couldn't afford to have a child on what little money we had, so alas I turned to drugs. Not an addiction but selling them for profit. Jenny didn't know why we had a lot more money now and she was getting suspicious, so I lied and said my parents were helping us out. I continued the life of a drug dealer and alas after a year they caught the "big cheese" of the ring, I would tell you his name but no one ever told me it. So I knew It would be a matter of time before they caught me but we needed the money with Jason and those expenses. (We named the child Jason). After another 2 months they caught me, and that is where I am right now, in the back of a police car, crying because I failed my wife and son as a father and husband.

© Copyright 2014 Bdog00 (bdog00 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008143-Preqell-to-Be-preparred