*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008243-Mysterious-Stranger
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #2008243
Something unexpected happens to Sandy.

Word count: 503



Mysterious Stranger



Silver Creek, Nevada is a small town in the mountains where exciting things do not happen; she just never thought something big would happen to her. Sandra takes her compact out of her pink and silver purse and checks her makeup before show time. She looks at herself and hears, "One, two, three..."



Scrambling, she snaps the compact closed and puts it in her purse. Just in time when Nancy points to her; the signal she is on air. "Good morning, everyone and welcome to the Sandy and Nancy show. A beautiful sunny day here in Silver Creek. I would like to announce that we will be hosting the yearly knit-a-thon on bikes. I saw this last year in Hayesville and this takes talent. There were people from all over the world gathering to knit while riding their bike. If anyone wants to participate in any way, please get in touch with Carol at City Hall downtown at the red, white, and blue building. Now, for everyone's favourite time of day. When I read to you the first couple lines of a lyric and you call in. The thirteenth caller has a chance to tell me the name of the song and artist for a chance to win a thousand bucks. Here we go. 'Button your lip baby. Button your coat. Let's go out dancing. Go for the throat.' We are going to play a song while you guys are figuring that out. Here is 'Life is a Ride' by Smashing Fun."



Sandra gets up from her chair. Retrieves her favourite dog mug and pours herself coffee. Taking a few quick sips, Nancy is starting to count down, "One, two, three..." Nancy points to Sandra.



"Welcome back. Do we have caller number thirteen on the line?"



"Is this live? Did I make it?"



"Yes caller. You are on the Sandy and Nancy Show. What is your name and where are you from?"



"I can't believe I made it. This has never happened to me."



"Excellent. Do you have the name of the song and the singer for me?"



"No, I am on the radio."



"Your two seconds of fame is over. Do we have the next caller on the line?"



In the sultriest voice Sandra has ever heard the caller says, "Yes. This is Ryan."



"Ryan, do you have the right answer?"



"Yes. Mixed Emotions by the Rolling Stones. One moment, I have something important to ask? Sandra, will you come to my celebration tonight?"



Flustered about what just happened. Sandra asks, "Are you asking me out on the air?"



"Yes I am. I will send the limo to get you at 6pm. We will go out for dinner first."



The line went dead and Sandra was left there wondering who this mystery man Ryan is. Nancy pushes her talk button and says, "Never a dull moment here at 96.7 LOVE FM. This is a good time to go to a commercial and a song. Stay tuned we will be back."

© Copyright 2014 TJ Marie (snow_hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008243-Mysterious-Stranger