*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008264-when-the-game-of-life-slows-down
by regal
Rated: E · Monologue · Inspirational · #2008264
what to do when life is moving too fast
WHEN THE GAME OF LIFE SLOWS DOWN
There is truly something magical that happens, WHEN THE GAME OF LIFE SLOWS DOWN, you see more smiling faces, kids having fun, animals watching you, and so on. So what happens to cause this strange happening  to occur? I have a theory.
A perfect example of how this miracle works can be found in sports. It involves mind over matter through trust in something greater than yourself. I know from personal experience, having played basketball for many years. Whatever the sport, it is commonly described as an athlete being “In The Zone”.  The athletes, across the sports spectrum, exclaim at how “ easy” the game becomes, when they are “In The Zone”. Whether they are tired, injured,  or not in a great mental state , prior to the game they all reference how big the basket gets, how wide the hockey nets seems to be, how wide the racetrack seems, and so on. The ultimate outcome is that the “the game slows down”.  They don’t hear the roaring crowds, the loud engines of the race cars, and so on. Of course they practice relentlessly, physically, mentally, and spiritually. Prior to the sporting event they find peace, amid chaos, and an unparalleled focus on the task at hand, leaving all the unknown factors in the hands of a power greater than them. In the “Game Of Life”, this miracle is repeated.
Did you ever observe someone, young or old, who seems to be at peace amidst the utter chaos of a stressful business meeting, a crowded subway, or a crowded sidewalk in a big city? You name the arena in life, and often you’ll find someone who is moving with the flow, but they don’t seemed stressed out by the chaos around them. They also seem to be actually accomplishing more than those around them. I believe these folks share some common traits. First while USUALLY very well prepared, they are intensely focused. Secondly they have spiritual, mental, and, or emotional training, that provides them the ability to believe in something greater than themselves. Thirdly, prior to entering a sports arena, or a life arena, they place their trust in that which is greater than themselves, their Higher Power. With this trust comes supreme confidence. It allows US to find SERENITY amidst the chaos of sports or life. I’ve been there in sports, I will get there in life, thanks to GOD, my Higher Power.

Reginald P. Ladd


© Copyright 2014 regal (rplwritinggod at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008264-when-the-game-of-life-slows-down