*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008363-A-1001-Aesopian-Tales-Unfinished
Rated: E · Sample · Animal · #2008363
Working on a mix of Aesop's Fable and a frame story.
The Story of the Cricket and the Fly

There once was a cricket who thought he was might enough to jump a mighty river.
When a fly overheard the cricket, he laughed and said "If you tried to jump the river, you would surely fail and drown"
The cricket was furious and decided to take it upon himself to jump the river.
The cricket bent his legs and hopped, he went very far but ultimately landed in the water. 
He did not drown and he told the fly, "I am sorry I doubted your wisdom and while I did not drown, you are much smarter than I! Could you please help me?"
The fly captured by the sweet words of the cricket flew down to help him. 
When he landed on the water, a large bass came and swallowed both of them.

The Story of the Bass and the Fisherman
After having eaten the fly and the cricket, the bass was content and full.
The fisherman noticed this and deliberated. He knew he would not catch the bass while he was content and full and devised a plan to capture the bass. 
He called out to the bass and said "Hello Bass, I've got a deal for you! If you can swim from one side of the lake to the other side without stopping I will never fish here again. Does that sound fair to you?"
The Bass certainly agreed and began speeding towards the other side. 
He swam quickly, passing the smaller fish and kelp, and swam faster yet. He quickly reached the other side and turned around.
When he was half way back to the fisherman, his stomach had begun to growl. 
The bass said "I can not afford to stop now, the fisherman will be gone for good if I do not stop!"
He continued to swim until he saw a delicious worm on the path to the boat. "Surely I can snag that worm and not stop!". 
He bit into the worm and found himself hooked and was soon reeled into the fisherman's boat. 
© Copyright 2014 Alex Anderson (piiiow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008363-A-1001-Aesopian-Tales-Unfinished