*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008492-The-Bills-and-Bears-Battle-It-Out
by ellenp
Rated: E · Article · Sports · #2008492
Game Analyst of Buffalo verses Chicago in National Football League - Week One.
The Buffalo Bills and the Chicago Bears kicked off Week One of the National Football League 2014-15 season in style at Soldier Field in Chicago as the Bills won in overtime 23-20.

Chicago opened the scoring on their first drive of the game with a 12 yard touchdown pass from Jay Cutler to Martellus Bennett at 11:39 of the first quarter.

Buffalo tied the game 7-7 on a two yard run by quarterback, E.J. Manual at 6:56.

There was no scoring until 8:12 of the second quarter when Dan Carpenter kicked a 50 yard field goal to put the Bills ahead 10-7. Just before the field goal, Bear's receiver, Brandon Marshall fumbled the football. The ball was recovered by Preston Brown of the Bills.

Things got worse for Chicago in the first half as Cutler threw an interception to Corey Graham.

The Bills went ahead by ten points at 5:36 of the second with a touchdown scored by C.J. Spiller.

The Bears got on the board first in the second half with a 41 field goal by Robbie Gould, making it 17-10.

The Bears tied the game 17-17 at 4:59 of the third quarter with an 11 yard touchdown scored by Marshall, shortly after Manual threw an interception to Chris Conte.

There was no more scoring until the final quarter when Carpenter put the Bills ahead 20-17 with a 33 yard field goal.

The Bears answered back with a field goal with just 30 seconds to go in the quarter to pushed the game into overtime.

The Bears won the toss and chose to receive. Unfortunately, Chicago ended up with nothing on the drive and punted the ball away.

Buffalo managed to take the ball all the way to the Bear's one-yard line during their first drive in O.T. As a result, Carpenter kicked a 27 yard field goal to give the Bills the victory.

Manuel had 16 pass completions for a total of 173 yards. Cutler had 34 completions for a total of 349 yards.

Top performers for Buffalo were: Anthony Dixon - four carries for a total of 60 yards, Fred Jackson - seven carries for a total of 61 yards, and Robert Woods - 4 receptions for a total of 78 yards.

Top performers for Chicago were: Matt Forte - 17 carries for a total of 82 yards and eight receptions for a total of 87 yards. Alshon Jeffery - five receptions for a total of 71 yards.

The Bills first home game is next week. Buffalo are facing their rivals, the Miami Dolphins. Chicago are facing the San Francisco 49ers next Sunday night.



© Copyright 2014 ellenp (ellenp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008492-The-Bills-and-Bears-Battle-It-Out