*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008737-The-Slice-of-Cake
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Tehpip
Rated: E · Short Story · Food/Cooking · #2008737
Decided to try my hand at one of the writing prompts.
So, I was browsing the writing prompts and stumbled upon this one, and being half asleep and in a silly mood, it amused me. I apologize for the shortness and the sporadicness of it, but I do hope you enjoy it, even just a little bit.







You see, the slice of cake was sitting there ...



...sitting there all by its lonesome little self. The moist piece of amazing delicacy just could not be alone. I would be heartbroken if I left it all alone. Cake has feelings too. When left alone, the cake starts feeling sad and that's why it gets all dried up because it cried all the moisture right out of it. This gorgeous slice of chocolate cake with a beautiful vanilla frosting covering its top, was just to special to leave alone. I couldn't let it dry itself out with its own tears. No! I had to save it!



So yes, I did smuggle that lonely little slice of cake away. I know it wasn't mine but I just couldn't leave it there! We would be so happy together, the cake and I. As far as I was concerned the person who left it there should be ashamed of themselves. They don't deserve to be called lovers of cake when they left this lovely piece all by itself.



Rosie. That's the name of the lovely slice of cake. Rosie and I had an amazing time together. We went out for dinner and shared a strawberry milkshake. Afterwards we saw this really hilarious movie that just had us laughing so hard that we were crying. Roller  skating and a dance came after! Let me just tell you, Rosie is an amazing dancer. The way she swirls and twirls on her plate just took my breath away. Alas, the night had to end though, so Rosie and I went home.



What happened to Rosie you ask? Well, I ate her of course. I mean, what do you expect me to do when I see a slice of cake sitting there?
© Copyright 2014 Tehpip (pippi18848 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008737-The-Slice-of-Cake