*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008897-Short-drive
by Laura
Rated: E · Sample · Young Adult · #2008897
Someone realizes they are in love
And that’s when it hit her. Driving down the road, in a suburb city to go home. The air was beginning to dry yet it wasn’t fall. The leaves were their brightest green as if they were soaking up every last drop of the wet summer air before they were going to take their last breath. She could feel it. The thoughts started off like a subtle fog but grew so heavy she could barely see or think anything else. The blindness caused her to keep driving even though she didn’t know where she was on auto pilot. The radio was blaring loud and playing all of her favorite music. They were songs that she clicked “like” on while she was in different times on her music player. Before she had been weak, only listening to music that reminded her of him. Songs that would make her even sadder that he had left her. It was only today that she was listening to them with a subtle smile to remind her of those different times. Every night drowning at the bottom of glasses and bottles to make herself smile. She felt so silly, thinking a man could ever make her feel this way. She fought long and strong while almost giving up plenty of times due to intense feelings of unworthiness. She found different men and stronger men, men that used her and men that loved her. But there was never a balance. No matter how much more they could give her it was never enough. Every grin from his direction was so much more then any empty smile from anyone else. With him one plus one could equal infinity and with anyone else one plus one never even quite made two. Every new person that loved her was brittle in her hands from trying but never succeeding, when he could have her with a snap of his fingers. When someone was tall he seemed taller, making every man not even stand a chance. She had no idea why he made her feel this way. At this point she was heading west and the sun was blaring through her windshield and the wind was grazing her face through her open windows. It was encompassing her fears and taking them away as the steady breeze faded in and out at each stop sign. Every thought she had that seemed crazy at one point was now just a past realization. The idea that someone could have the same strong sentimental feelings towards her was such a distant theory but is now is in the strong grip of her fingertips like the control she has of her steering wheel while turning into her driveway. As she turned her key and pulled it out of the ignition she realized the fight was over. She had him, he was hers and she was his and there was no question anymore. She sat back and enjoyed the view of her accomplishments as she finally just let her foggy head release into a bright array of color. It was in that moment while getting out of her car she realized she was in love. And he loved her back.
© Copyright 2014 Laura (lauralynnlowry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008897-Short-drive