*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008912-Dream
Rated: 18+ · Other · Death · #2008912
There're times that we couldn't able to recognize the difference between dream and reality
Few days ago I had a terrible dream.  I dreamt that I witnessed the murder of my family. I found the body of my parents dismembered in a tub. I couldn't recognize their faces as it's been cut in two. Jimmy, my younger brother, was lying in our veranda. His neck was twisted in an odd manner, bruises can be seen all over his body and he was missing a finger. I stood there. I tried to move but my body wouldn't listen. I wanted to run and seek for help but my legs were too heavy to move. The time seemed to stop, the thing that you would always experience in a dream.

I woke up. Beads of perspiration were gathered in my forehead. I sat from my bed.  I wiped the swelling tears in my eyes and shook my head trying to get rid of that terrible nightmare. I checked the time. It was 7:45AM. I stood and walked slowly towards Jimmy's room, to wake him up for school, but he wasn't there. I stopped on the door for a while; I was still a bit dizzy and tired from the dream. I walked towards the kitchen and found no one. My mom wasn't there even my dad, who supposedly drinking his coffee while reading newspaper mostly at that time. There was no food in the table. No any sound can be heard in the entire house. It really felt weird.

I went to the bathroom to take a bath but when I opened the door an unusual smell seeped into it. A smell of slightly metallic...sour---blood! I suddenly remembered the dream. It made me nervous. I was hesitant to go inside but I wanted to know what that strange smell was. I slowly thrust my head in the opening. It was strange because there was nothing in there, the tiles were clean, and there was no sign of blood. I went inside.

I covered my nose as the smell was too strong. Then a sudden realization hit me. My eyes widen by apprehension.  I remembered that I found their bodies in the tub, dismembered, and their faces were cut in two. I stopped for a while. Judging from what I could perceive on the shower curtain on the tub I know for sure that something was there. My hands slowly grabbed the shower curtain and slowly, slowly revealed what's inside.

I was stunned. The horror of what I've seen had overwhelmed me. I couldn't believe it! I gagged. It was true! My dream was true! Their bodies were there.

I stepped outside and grabbed the phone on the table in our living room and immediately called the police. My voice was shaking and then I remembered Jimmy. The phone fell on my hand. I rushed to see him.

I froze. He was there, lying dead in our Veranda, the same thing that I saw in my dream. I cried. I tried to scream but my voice won't come out then suddenly my mind went blank. I lost consciousness.

When I woke up I found myself lying in a hospital bed.  I slowly gained my vision then I saw a group of policeman inside the room. I panicked. The nurse on my side injected something on me to make me calm and the medicine immediately began to take effect.  I couldn't move my body but I was aware of what was happening inside the room. Even though I couldn't move my limbs I could still feel the coldness of the steel the police officer had put in my wrist. Then an officer walked beside me and showed me a transparent resealable bag.

"We found this finger inside your pocket"
© Copyright 2014 born-san (born-san at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008912-Dream