*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008984-Unification-of-the-Eras
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #2008984
A static little thing to feature the series of stories I'm working on.
This series of stories is something I've been working on for a few years now, and I've been going back and forth between individual tales in that time. Yes, I know it's not exactly a concise way to finish, but my ideas come randomly and never in a unified pattern. And while my memory can be quite good in some things, I have to write down my ideas lest I forget them. I have a long-term or repetition memory. I do things often, I remember them. I remember the day I moved out of an apartment in NYC at the age of 4, but I cannot remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

Anyway, this series of tales revolves around a singular cosmos and the gods that created that cosmos. Not to mention, the similar things that occur within the different worlds of that cosmos. At the moment, I have two worlds I'm working with specifically, but there is a third that will be worked in, in time. For now, the worlds of Arvandor and Demeteria are the worlds I focus on.

In Repeating History, the character Aleksander Zachery is a young boy who has grown up loving the tales his parents told him of the 'old days' and of ages past. He sees wonder, amazement, glory, and splendor in these tales. Some of these tales also include his father's own forays at war against the Half Giants that plague the Kingdom of Haven. When his father dies, instead of mourning, Alek sees an opportunity to honor his father and take his place in these tales of Haven. But Aleksander soon finds that there is much that overshadows the honor and glory of war.

What Lies Between... is a connected series of stories and short stories relating to the life of a young man named Dorian Blackwood. Dorian is a criminal out of necessity and holds to no illusions of the fairness or justness of life, and instead looks upon it all with a great disdain. Anti-social and deeming that all people only do what they do for their own gains, and refuting the beliefs of every religious sect in Arvandor, Dorian is eventually given the opportunity to rethink it all, when the "Goddess" Danu comes to him, and asks him for help.

In time, I shall have Aleksander and Dorian meeting each other, as their efforts and goals intertwine in time. That which they battle against, individually, is in the end, aligned together. But then, there is a third main character, and a third world, to look into. I have not devoted as much time into this third set, but what is at least decided upon, is that it will be a sci-fi world, a space age world. And how this world interacts with the others is unclear at the moment, but they are all linked by the same gods and the same past events. However, after a certain event in the past, that is where the differences set in.

The Sylvan were one of the first races to live within the cosmos, and after they were wiped out of existence, that is where the different worlds went down different paths.
© Copyright 2014 Ken Morelli (verdaniaman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008984-Unification-of-the-Eras